Kooba Rumor from Luna Boston

Whoa, now!!!!!! That would be great! Especially if they came back with that ultra suede lining, too! I was just wearing my flower-embossed Sienna today, in fact. I love it so much!

I'm not holding my breath yet until I would see that the old thick luxurious leather was used. Kooba in the past seasons have reissued bags (like the Natasha) in far inferior leather than the original. Be careful girls. If it is a Sienna that doesn't mean it is as good as it used to be and maybe buying an old one on ebay would be a better bet because I'm sure this new anniversary bag is going to carry a hefty pricetag.

Warning! I own the Sienna bag and it looks like it did the day I bought it except one thing. One of the handles broke off from carrying it on a trip and my family stuck a camera and too many items. When I told Luna of Boston, they didn't respond. I then called Kooba and their response was: "if you did not buy it directly from us, we don't repair it." I had no alternative but to fix it myself. I brought it to a shoemaker who put studs on each handle and I feel it destroyed the entire look of the bag!! I was soooo upset! - Just keep that in mind. It's a wonderful, strong, gorgeous bag but the company does not stand behind it and it could have been an easy repair for them to make! After plunking down $600 I would never buy another one again.

Warning! I own the Sienna bag and it looks like it did the day I bought it except one thing. One of the handles broke off from carrying it on a trip and my family stuck a camera and too many items. When I told Luna of Boston, they didn't respond. I then called Kooba and their response was: "if you did not buy it directly from us, we don't repair it." I had no alternative but to fix it myself. I brought it to a shoemaker who put studs on each handle and I feel it destroyed the entire look of the bag!! I was soooo upset! - Just keep that in mind. It's a wonderful, strong, gorgeous bag but the company does not stand behind it and it could have been an easy repair for them to make! After plunking down $600 I would never buy another one again.
yeah....I've seen some other threads where members were upset because the whipstitching came loose or studs fell off the bag. That would be horrendous and we all know that Kooba customer service sucks big time, so if you chance getting one, you must be resourceful in finding your own way to fix your bag, which really stinks because we are not talkin' a fifty dollar bag here. I feel very lucky that my Sienna is in perfect condition and that nothing has gone wrong even with a lot of wearings. It still will be interesting to see what the "comeback" bag will be and what leather it will be sporting.

My feeling is this: (As a TPF friend,) After having had a bad experience owning a "knock out" Kooba, I would never buy from them again. Point said, for an additional $400 I bought a superior YSL Rive Gauche bag on sale and it's TDF! & I believe, YSL, stands behind their merchandise. Keep that in mind before you plunk down your hard earned money!!!

CONFIRMED! WOOT!

#123 Ask KoobaOP

Official Kooba!

icon0.gif

Originally Posted by Compass Rose Hi, Ask Kooba! Thanks for checkin in! We diehard Kooba fans would like to know if any of the older styles just might be making a comeback. That would be truly awesome! i would give anything for a Brynne, Marcelle, Jessie or another Sienna.

Hi Compass Rose,
How are you? I know there were rumors floating around tPF about us bringing back some of the classic kooba styles....well, they are right! The Sienna, Frankie and Scarlett will be making their REdebut in December of this year to celebrate kooba's 10th Anniversary. I'm sure you will love them!
Ask Kooba

user_offline.gif

Great news! Too bad the Ada isn't included. Keeping my fingers crossed about the leather.
Speaking of that awesome Kooba leather from years past, does anyone know of any handbags being made now that are comparable to that leather? I would love to find a bag with the same leather as the Ada or Jillian.