Kooba Natashas

So far this year I have managed to not buy any of the newer models, I've read every post about the new leathers and the markings on some of them that magically appear. I did purchase a Parker in Ink, haven't carried it yet.

I would snatch up a brown Jaylin if I could find one at a reasonable price, I look quite a bit but so far no luck. Other than that I keep my eyes open for the "new" older bags, even some of the preloved bags look exceptional these days.

I love the older bags, their leather quality is obvious in pictures for the most part and I like knowing what I am getting.

I like the newer leather. From the photos, the Black looks soft with a slight sheen but the Ink was nice too. I love the Natasha, I have it in Caramel and White (both patent), and might want to add a regular black leather to my collection. I am waiting to see the pleated black Natasha to decide which one to buy.

But the Ink Natashas and Parkers had thick thick substantial leather. I am afraid the New Black one looks thin. Hope I am wrong. I really like the look of the Pleated ones. That was what I had planned on getting before I backpeddled.

The Ink Natasha was so luscious! If the Natashas leather now is anything like the Molly it is very soft. The ink was not soft like that at all. I like the old leather on the bags!

The Ink Natasha was so luscious! If the Natashas leather now is anything like the Molly it is very soft. The ink was not soft like that at all. I like the old leather on the bags!

Wasn't that old Ink Leather amazing? Thick and rich looking. I remember getting the Parker and My husband saying "How much did you spend on that bag?" He said he thought it was not a Kooba but a really High End Bag.

I never did get a Natasha when they first came out and I almost got one this new season but feared the leather would be different (and less quality). I saw at the Kooba site they still had an old one shown along with a new one. I am glad I didn't get a new one. I think the leather looks so sub par compared to the old version.

http://www.kooba.com/store/productdetails.aspx?productid=96392

http://www.kooba.com/pd/p/96173.html
You're right on as usual, Lexie. The older version leather looks much thicker. I'm still carrying the ink Parker. One of my favorite bags.

I'm thinking about getting a Natasha from this season. Would you recommend buying it, since a bunch are saying the leather is sub-par from the past? I thought it might be a good work/school bag, but I know I'm going to beat it up a bit, so I don't want to pay a lot and have it end up being destroyed. Any input is appreciated!

I'm sorry, but the new Natasha is NOTHING like the old one. In fact, Daisy Fuentes has a Natasha look-alike bag going for her in Kohl's, which is made out of vinyl, and it so reminds me of the New Natasha. It's really a shame.

I agree. That new Natasha leather looks like crap. Thin and shiny. I bet it beats up fast. The old Natashas I bet still look good today. The leather was thick and plush and the bags looked so good. Just at glance you can tell Kooba was cutting corners big time.
There are alot of nice big school type bags that will wear well. RM has the Nikki's in thicker leathers, and Linea Pelle has some nice big bags out. Pass on the Natasha if you want something to serve you well while looking good.

I got one of the new pleated Natashas in the dark purple because it was such a nice purple, which is predicted to be the "it" color by everything I've read lately. I received it yesterday and although the leather is thinner than on the previous Natashas, it's soft and silky satin cushy and the color is simply gorgeous. I'd definitely pass on the coated canvas ones and other leather colors. I will take some pictures of Miss Purple to post for you girls tomorrow.