Kooba Meredith vs Miu Miu Coffer Bag

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I came across the Kooba Meredith bag in Slate Grey at NM last week and immediately added that bag to my "Most Wanted" list. I checked around TPF and read a few posts about this bag, and while I didn't really learn anything new about the bag, I noticed that the flap opening & pushlock closure of the bag seemed to be of some concern to most.

While looking at a few pics online, it came to mind that this bag looks a lot like the Miu Miu Coffer bag (in fact, I think I saw the Meredith bag in a mag a while ago and thought the same thing). I have been quietly obsessing about a Coffer bag since I first saw it on the cover of WWD last year, but at $1200+ know it's probably a bag I'll never own. The Kooba Meredith seems like a nice alternative.

The thing I wonder about is this - The Coffer bag is widely popular. Sold out everywhere. People who own the bag seem to love it, while many others (like myself), look on in awe, wishing for the day that they can own one too. The flap top and pushlock doesn't seem to be a problem for owners of the Coffer. Is the pushlock on the Meredith so drastically different? Is it that much harder to operate?

I'm just curious if anyone else sees the similarities between these two bags and has any thoughts on the subject? While there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of Meredith owners out there, I'm sure there are some Coffer owners who might be able to shed some light on the flap top/pushlock debate.

(I ordered the Meredith and it should be here by the end of the week, so I can give a more definitive response by then).

Think it was more the look of the push lock some people here didn't find too attractive, haven't heard anyone actually complaining about the use of the push lock itself..

This bag is actually growing on me and that Slate colour is beautiful:heart: iluvmybags, have you got a pic of the Miu Miu Coffer?

this might not be the greatest pic of the Meredith to use as comparison to the Coffer (I've seen better - trying to find it!), but it'll give you the idea.

(altho that is the color of the bag I'm getting - I LUV that color. I don't have another bag like it!)

Attachments

• meredithvcoffer.jpg
    meredithvcoffer.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 499
See what you mean, very similar, I actually like them both, but the Slate is gorgeous:heart:

Think the Meredith is a fairly big bag, are they similar in size? (hard to see from the pics, thanks for posting them)

I think they might be pretty close in size, although the Coffer may be slightly larger.

Meredith - 10"H x 15"L x 5.5"D
Coffer - 11.5" H x 16" L x 4" D

(although I have seen varying measurements on the Meredith)

I love both bags. Yes, the push lock on the Meredith is a big pain in the butt but I really don't close mine all the time. Pricewise, I like the Meredith better. But I wouldn't mind getting a black coffer for fall!

*SIGH*, Coffer, my dream bag:heart:

I know what you mean. I want that bag sooooo bad, but I'll probably never own it!:true:

The Meredith seems like a nice alternative - similar style/look and it really is a nice looking bag IRL (esp in that Gray color - I really, really like the color a lot!). It's just too bad that Kooba didn't use a braided handle instead of just a plain one (or even a whip-stitched handle - that would have been cool looking!). That would have made the bag even more gorgeous. I think my bag will be here Friday, so I'll try to post pics then.

My Meredith got here last week, and the more I look at it & how it carries, the more I believe that Kooba was inspired by the Coffer. The styles are very similar - pleated bodies, flap top, push-lock opening, shorter handle (although Miu's is braided, Kooba's plain - I like the braiding!), and a longer strap which allows the bag to worn across the body. Even the leather, IMO is similar - very soft w/a slight sheen to it.

The downfall to the Meredith is that the lamb's leather is a little inconsistent and might be kinda sensitive (time will tell when I start to carry it) - but otherwise, it's a nice alternative to the Coffer. Even though I'd still luv to own a Coffer bag, I'm happy to "settle" for the Meredith w/all its similarities.