Kooba 'Carla' vs. Anna Corinna 'Drawstring'

croto

May 20, 2007
Hello All...
I am trying to decide between the Kooba 'Carla' in Chestnut and the Anna Corinna 'Drawstring' in Butterscotch....I like the colour and the way they 'slouch'. I haven't seen either in person. Is this a reasonable comparasion...are there others I should consider? Which would you chose and why?
I am new to all of this and I appreciate all of your input. Thanks!

Hello All...
I am trying to decide between the Kooba 'Carla' in Chestnut and the Anna Corinna 'Drawstring' in Butterscotch....I like the colour and the way they 'slouch'. I haven't seen either in person. Is this a reasonable comparasion...are there others I should consider? Which would you chose and why?
I am new to all of this and I appreciate all of your input. Thanks!

Hi. It is so hard to make decisions based on photographs isn't it. For what it's worth, I have two of the drawstring bags, the tobacco and a brand new butterscotch. They are soft, and do slouch beautifully. They look nicer on, than in the sales photos. The butterscotch is not as glazed as it appears in ads, which has been a bit of a disappointment. I've seen the Carla IRL, but don't have one. As I recall, the leather was silky and less distressed, and it seemed a little smaller. I have heard somewhere on this forum that the AC drawstring is much lighter than the Koobas. Hope some of this helps.

The Carla is huge! It's the biggest of all the Koobas in that style (the Maria and the Ginger). I have one and I use it everyday. That's saying a lot since I buy a zillion purses. :yes:

I love the Drawstring, but it doesn't have a single pocket, so that's a deal-killer for me.

That used to be my thinking until I purchased a Chameleon purse organizer! Now I don't use the pockets in any of my handbags because I just lift the organizer from one bag to another. I have the drawstring in tobacco and love it enough that I just ordered it in Butterscotch. I had a kooba (though I don't remember if it was the Carla) which would not stay on my shoulder and was very heavy vs. the drawstring which is very light. Here is the link to the organizer and I hope this helps and good luck with your decision:
http://www.chameleoninserts.com/id13.html :tup:

This is very true. Koobas ARE heavy. I'm used to lugging a lot of stuff around in my heavy purse so me, along with my sore shoulder, are pretty used to it.

If a heavy bag is a concern for you go with the AC. :tup:

That used to be my thinking until I purchased a Chameleon purse organizer! Now I don't use the pockets in any of my handbags because I just lift the organizer from one bag to another. I have the drawstring in tobacco and love it enough that I just ordered it in Butterscotch. I had a kooba (though I don't remember if it was the Carla) which would not stay on my shoulder and was very heavy vs. the drawstring which is very light. Here is the link to the organizer and I hope this helps and good luck with your decision:

What a fantastic idea! Thanks so much for the tip CG! :smile:

I wouldn't get the Carla unless you've seen it in person or order from somewhere with no hassle return. That bag is absolutely huge and for some reason none of the pics I've seen of it reflects this.

i had both, i sold the carla

i love Kooba generally but the carla just wasnt for me, it was SO big and i just didnt need another bag that size

but it wwas nice

but the AC one is SOSOSOSOSO light weight and that i LOVE! it doesnt have inside pockets and thats ok with me!

I think that for me the kooba leather is thicker and the AC is not BUT for me the AC is a great toss around bag! :smile:

sooo i would choose AC :smile:

I have a kooba carla and I REALLY love it, BUT...it is pretty big. If you are into really big bags then I would go for the carla. The leather is very thick and nice, but it really isnt that heavy...hope this helps!

Hi CG - I too love the drawstring. I bought a pursenizer for my tobacco one, for the same reason. It does work but is narrow, and so a bit hard to reach into. I looked at the chameleon, but couldn't decide on size. Did you get the large, sturdy one? If so, does the bag still drape, or does the chameleon define the shape? Sorry about all the questions, but it seems like I'm spending almost as much money on my bags' needs, as I spend on the bags.

Hi CG - I too love the drawstring. I bought a pursenizer for my tobacco one, for the same reason. It does work but is narrow, and so a bit hard to reach into. I looked at the chameleon, but couldn't decide on size. Did you get the large, sturdy one? If so, does the bag still drape, or does the chameleon define the shape? Sorry about all the questions, but it seems like I'm spending almost as much money on my bags' needs, as I spend on the bags.

Connie: I am happy to tell you that, for some reason, it doesn't change the shape of the bag at all. It is sturdy but not like having a box in your bag! I don't know if I mentioned it, but although it is the large sturdy (maybe called xtra sturdy - can't remember now but it is grey), I also got the small pink so that it fits inside the grey very nicely. Everything stands nice and tall and it even gives extra pockets having the pink inside the grey. It's hard to explain what I mean but if you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me so everyone else isn't bored by our conversation! Also, I must add that the Chameleons are VERY lightweight! Good luck!

cgsprings-I am glad you explained your system. I was just thinking how easy it would be to lift the inside of my current bag out to change bags....which seems to be the whole point to the chameleon!!! Perfect!!!! I was also wondering if it would change the shape of the more slouchy bags.....so I was happy to hear that it doesn't.