Konoki foot pads on NPR-All things considered

I definitely missed the broadcast, so if someone wants to clue me in on what was said, I would appreciate it! I'm very curious, because the foot pads seem like a huge joke to me...

These things first premiered in south Asia several years ago. People there were laughing so hard because those things never worked. So yeah I guess someone had to take the surplus to other parts of the world where people are more likely to think exotic things always work wonders.

Ooops, meant to respond....I listened...

Basically, they said it's a big FAKE!

They said, certain chemicals are already in those products such as zinc, etc (so there's your's zinc).

Your body NATURALLY emits toxins via Feces, sweat and Urine... and via the usual ways. It would not emit through your feet.

Regarding the changing color of the pad: They believe that anything such as sweat etc, can reat with the chemicals in the pad to change it colors. For example: they put the foot pad over a boiling water emitting steam: The foot pad turned Black. (suppossedly when it turns colors (gray, black, etc) then the toxins are leaving your body).

So there's the 411. Don't buy Konoki Foot pads.

Now, Ped Egg, a whole nother story...that DEFINITELY works!

First off they claim that the toxins flow downwards to your feet due to the pull of gravity. Why then do they suggest you wear the pads overnight while you sleep? Shouldn't you be putting them on your sides or back depending on your sleeping position since the average person sleeps horizontally and doesn't sleepwalk, and why can't you wear them while awake walking and running about? I read an online article where someone "tested" its effectiveness by leaving an exposed pad on the table overnight. Despite not coming into contact with a human being the pad still changed color. It has to be a scam.

Ooops, meant to respond....I listened...

Basically, they said it's a big FAKE!

They said, certain chemicals are already in those products such as zinc, etc (so there's your's zinc).

Your body NATURALLY emits toxins via Feces, sweat and Urine... and via the usual ways. It would not emit through your feet.

Regarding the changing color of the pad: They believe that anything such as sweat etc, can reat with the chemicals in the pad to change it colors. For example: they put the foot pad over a boiling water emitting steam: The foot pad turned Black. (suppossedly when it turns colors (gray, black, etc) then the toxins are leaving your body).

So there's the 411. Don't buy Konoki Foot pads.

Now, Ped Egg, a whole nother story...that DEFINITELY works!

Exactly! The way I see it, most of us are lucky enough to be born with the right abilities to make bodily functions and emit waste. If we weren't, we'd all have come out of our mother's wombs clenched to a package of Kinoki foot pads! :lol: