Kohl Application - Middle Eastern Way?

Holy Mother of God! That is amazing and terrifying at the same time. That girl has the most gorgeous eyes (and eye make-up)... and no wonder, considering her skills LOL

...a lined waterline, it just does NOT look good on me, because my eyes are relatively small, and when I do it, it makes them look very very closed in...
Some people with smaller eyes do a white or off-white on the waterline, and it looks great.

But as with every single thing related to beautifying ourselves, it may or may not work for you, or it may work for you but only if you use pale peach. Or lilac or denim blue, who knows?

This is why we all spend so much time at the mirror experimenting, no matter how old we may get!

The passage of years may teach us a lot about what does and doesn't look good on us, but at the same time, neither do we stop learning.

It's one of those journey is the destination things! :P

Wow. How cool. I love learning new things (thought I would never try it...). She is beautiful!

I think I was more worried about the lasting effects of the pulling on her eye area than the actual damage she could do to her eyes using this method. LOL.

This method can be really dangerous if you don't know how to do it, so I don't really recommend it. What I do (with my Urban Decay 24/7 liner) is pull down my bottom waterline so it's not so close to my eye, and I rest my hand on my cheek so it's more stable. If I want the top really defined I'll put my finger in my crease and lift it so the top waterline is exposed, rest my hand on my cheek, and lightly go over the top. It's really tricky on the top waterline, so be really careful!!

Wow, that was freaky. I just recently started doing my waterline on occassion, but it reminds me of being in high school, when I ONLY put black eyeliner on my waterline...not a good look for me. I might try Shimmapuff's recommendation of using a white or off-white. :tup:

Ah yes! I totally forgot about doing the white or off-white in the waterline. I have actually done this before and if I remember correctly, it was great for opening the eye area up. Hmm...:thinking: I'm gonna have to try this again!

Thanks for reminding, me, Shimma!

Thanks for all the tips ladies! I don't have Urban Decay in Singapore, so I'm going to look around to see if I can find something similar.

Does anyone have pics of white or off white in the waterline? I can't imagine what it looks like.. I won't mind having eyes that look bigger! :P

i put it on the inside of my eye (like the girl in the vidao has) but I DON'T shut my eye with the stick in it like that!!!!
I just use the stick like a pencil... perfectly safe...

Some people with smaller eyes do a white or off-white on the waterline, and it looks great.

The only thing I use on my waterline is white. Other colors make my eyes look tiny (and a bit scary!).

Just a sidenote, I think I'd end up with a black stripe on each contact if I tried to line my eyes like the girl in the video!!!