Knot Knot : Clutch Here!

What can you fit inside them ? They look so tiny so what do you leave behind ?

I have stopped smoking so pack of cigarettes and lighter is no longer needed therefore besides maybe lipstick, powder, mascara, drivers license, house & car keys and cash, is there anything else one needs ? Does it all fit ? Are you required to spill the entire clutch to get something small out ?

Alternatively, if you are riding with someone, what would you replace the car key and driver's license with ?

Do you miss something because it doesn't fit ? Does it add significant planning time before you go out ?

I am not in the market for a knot (not yet anyways) but always have been curious about what can be fit in them and if I could learn to 'live' with less.... (and please don't try to convince me to get hooked and start buying knot clutches... I will let you all know when I am good and ready :P)

I can put my cellphone, a house key, a lipgloss, a folded up tissue, my id, credit card and some cash inside. I could cram a comb in there if it were short enough. So, not too much. The elongated Knot is much handier.

i have a double compartment knot which takes away from the space, but i can fit my blackberry curve, a lipstick, house keys, cash and a pen. i cannot put my car key in with all of that, so i just valet or my DH carries them :smile:

Attachments

• CIMG1272.JPG
    CIMG1272.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 605
  • CIMG1270.JPG
    CIMG1270.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 539
Thanks jburgh and doloresmia!!!

shoot..... should have known better.... NOW I want one :blush:
(just need to start looking for someone to drive me as my car keys are large as well....)

I can fit a few ID/credit cards, a small amount of cash, a lipstick, key, and mobile phone.

OR

I can fit a few ID/credit cards, a small amount of cash, a lipstick, key, and my digital camera (instead of the phone).

It's not optimal, and my husband carried the car keys when I've used my Knot. I love mine, anyway.

There's no need to spill contents when searching for an item. For one thing, you cannot carry that much, so you can see everything at a glance. Also, the sides have gussets that unfold and hold the contents inside when the Knot is open.

I have the same 2-compartment knot clutch as doloresmia's. On one side I put in my ID, driver license, credit cards, cash + mobile phone; and a lipgloss, hand cream and 1/2 pack of tissue paper on the other side. As for the keys, I will leave them in the car or I don't bring them if I'm going out with my DH.

Of course it HAD to come to this... I am invited to an evening out where a knot would be absolutely perfect... if I had one...

Argh... OK, I am officially trying to figure out which one I want, even though the invite is for tomorrow... gotto be ready for next time LOL

Last edited:
I have started falling in love with the BV Knot. I would love one for formal parties.

Up until now, when the need would arise, I would reach into my collection of
antique and vintage evening bags for a special bag to wear to a formal event.
I started collecting these beaded and silver mesh bags when prices were still quite low. It has never concerned me to leave my bag unattended at my place.

Now for my question.....When you carry a small evening bag that may cost a minimum of $1200 what do you do with it if you get up to dance? I hope this does not sound like a silly question. Please share with me your thoughts.

Actually that is a great question! I am very curious to hear everyone's replies. Since the knot is not a wristlet that can be carried when dancing, I would also be very afraid to leave it unattended!

Well...when George Clooney asks you to dance, ask your husband to watch it!

Seriously, I would take a clutch that has a chain strap for dancing, and not the Knot.

I suppose it all depends on where you are.. If it is a family wedding or bar mitzvah, I truly doubt that anyone attending would take your bag..And I think it is pretty bad if you have to worry about the hired help...The only place I would not leave my bag is on a table in a club where there are people coming and going that you do not know....I think a greater concern would be someone spilling their drink on your bag rather than taking it..JMHO

i carry it in my hand - but i am well beyond the age when i "raise the roof" while dancing so to speak, so not raising the roof with my knot in hand which might get heavy. now more likely to be slow(ly) dancing - back to sixth grade school dance days. like jburgh also find having DH a great benefit for purse watching despite his tendency to wander.

I think if I were not uncomfortable leaving another bag unattended before, I wouldn't be concerned about it just because it's a Knot. If it were a wedding reception/seated banquet type of thing, I'd probably leave it on my chair, tuck the chair under the table (for manners' sake as much as to hide my handbag), and maybe place my napkin over it to protect it from possible spills. Presumably, the table would be still within sight of the dance floor. But if I were to leave the room entirely, or if it were a situation like prestwick mentioned with lots of strangers coming and going, I'd take it with me.