Knot Clutch - what do you put inside them ?

NicAddict

Living a new Life
Mar 13, 2008
Switzerland
What can you fit inside them ? They look so tiny so what do you leave behind ?

I have stopped smoking so pack of cigarettes and lighter is no longer needed therefore besides maybe lipstick, powder, mascara, drivers license, house & car keys and cash, is there anything else one needs ? Does it all fit ? Are you required to spill the entire clutch to get something small out ?

Alternatively, if you are riding with someone, what would you replace the car key and driver's license with ?

Do you miss something because it doesn't fit ? Does it add significant planning time before you go out ?

I am not in the market for a knot (not yet anyways) but always have been curious about what can be fit in them and if I could learn to 'live' with less.... (and please don't try to convince me to get hooked and start buying knot clutches... I will let you all know when I am good and ready :P)

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I can put my cellphone, a house key, a lipgloss, a folded up tissue, my id, credit card and some cash inside. I could cram a comb in there if it were short enough. So, not too much. The elongated Knot is much handier.

doloresmia

O.G.
May 20, 2008
In the sun
i have a double compartment knot which takes away from the space, but i can fit my blackberry curve, a lipstick, house keys, cash and a pen. i cannot put my car key in with all of that, so i just valet or my DH carries them :smile:

Attachments

NicAddict

Living a new Life
Mar 13, 2008
Switzerland
Thanks jburgh and doloresmia!!!

shoot..... should have known better.... NOW I want one :blush:
(just need to start looking for someone to drive me as my car keys are large as well....)

Apr 15, 2007
Not much to put in my knot.. just enough for the night..lipstick, cc, keys even though it

doesn't hold that much. still love it and using it often

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
United States
I can fit a few ID/credit cards, a small amount of cash, a lipstick, key, and mobile phone.

OR

I can fit a few ID/credit cards, a small amount of cash, a lipstick, key, and my digital camera (instead of the phone).

It's not optimal, and my husband carried the car keys when I've used my Knot. I love mine, anyway.

There's no need to spill contents when searching for an item. For one thing, you cannot carry that much, so you can see everything at a glance. Also, the sides have gussets that unfold and hold the contents inside when the Knot is open.

May 16, 2008
Asia
I have the same 2-compartment knot clutch as doloresmia's. On one side I put in my ID, driver license, credit cards, cash + mobile phone; and a lipgloss, hand cream and 1/2 pack of tissue paper on the other side. As for the keys, I will leave them in the car or I don't bring them if I'm going out with my DH.

NicAddict

Living a new Life
Mar 13, 2008
Switzerland
Of course it HAD to come to this... I am invited to an evening out where a knot would be absolutely perfect... if I had one...

Argh... OK, I am officially trying to figure out which one I want, even though the invite is for tomorrow... gotto be ready for next time LOL

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2007
The classic knot in satin/silk is great-- very wearable and timeless for sure

and the array of colors is great as well