knock knock...can I come play? Two RMs to show off!

mona_danya

Personal Shopper
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
So I fell inlove with my very first RM Devote bag which I found at my Local winners a couple of months ago...the leather was sooo soft and puddly.

I'm not sure of the colour name but its a light grey.....

Then I found another Devote bag at an amazing price online in Auburn...so I went ahead and ordered it. I just received it and the colour is stunning beyond words...its actually identical in colour to my Chloe Whiskey Edith bag.

But but but...the leather on the Auburn is soooo stiff in comparison to the grey one.

As you can see from the side by side picture, the grey is just a puddle of leather while the Auburn is just stiff and sits up. Is this a sign of deteriorating quality? or just a different leather??

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 146
Looks like sideral gray :yes:

I think it's 2 things, just the difference in the leather types and also because you have worn the gray and so the leather softens as it breaks in.

gorgeous bags!!! and welcome to RM!!!
the grey bag you have is called siderail grey.....
and the auburn is so pretty!!! its not bad quality...just a different kind of leather....she will get more smooshy the more you use her...
RM uses so many types of leathers...some are a bit stiff when first bought and others are a puddle of mush right from the beginning
you made great choices!!!
use them well and in good health!!

Congratulations, they are both gorgeous! The Sideral Grey is an extremely slouchy leather so I doubt your Auburn will ever get to that point. But it will break in more once you start to wear it.

It looks gorgeous! I agree with the others -- it will break in, although some leathers break to a softer point than others. Sounds like Auburn might be a more structured leather? Either way, they all soften up. If you love it, keep it and put some books in it at night & take it everywhere...

Auburn is just a more structured leather. Sideral Grey was known for being smooshy right out of the box. Try conditioner on the Auburn...that should help begin the breaking in process.

I have the Auburn in a MAC. It's a great color!!

Thanks for being so welcoming and all the great advice....

I'm to stick some books in it....

I am soooooo inlove with Auburn! its the type of colour I can wear with anything!
The the Grey leather is just amazing...I guess it was a great score at winners!!

Congrats on your First two RMs!! They are both Lovely! I have an Auburn Fringe Darling, and I have to tell you... when I first got it, mine was the same way kind of structured and just kind of not as attractive as I had hoped. BUT I used the bag for a month and I was putting it away the other night and cleaned it and conditioned it and I gotta say.... WOW! What a difference! It is really soft now and starting to puddle!! Get some Apple Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and I bet it will get softer and more puddley!!

Thanks Gals for the great tips...now I just got an idea of my own!
I stuck it in the dryer to kick around for a bit with my daughter's clothes and that helped a LOT.