Knock around bag: Garden party or Bolide?

jkl

Apr 2, 2008
Hello H lovers! I'm in the market for a good knock around bag. I have a very active 13 month old daughter, work odd hours in a hospital setting and rarely have time for social events. Most of my time now is spent either with my daughter, husband and 2 dogs or in the hospital/university environment.

When I started collecting H bags a year ago I was away from the hospital and had a much more corporate type of dress code. During that time working H bags into my daily wardrobe was never an issue. However, now that I'm back to wearing scrubs daily I need some help. I already have an ebene JPG, 35cm black clemence Birkin w/PHW, gold clemence Evelyne and a black Herbag. I would never bring any of those bags into the hospital (except for the Herbag but I find it tricky to get in and out of quickly).

So here's my question, now that you know a little bit of where I'm coming from would you recommend a gray/black TPM Garden Party or a Bolide (black, gold or noisette) in clemence? I need handsfree, laptop toting capability, durability, and professional looking without being fussy.

TIA:heart:

Thanks CG, but I have an Evelyne and it does not accommodate my laptop:sad:

If not for the massive amounts of stuff I have to lug around with me, the Evelyne would be enough.

I would recommend the all leather MM garden party. It's big enough to tote pretty much whatever you need. More durable than the canvas ones and not that much more expensive. It's a GREAT bag to carry around a laptop. You won't be able to fit a laptop into a bolide, unless it's a really big one. I find the bolide to function like a larger kelly more so than a birkin or tote. It's more of a handbag imo.

I hope this helps you.The GP has loads of room & in the toile its light to carry.Also you can carry it on your shoulder.If needed you can make it even bigger by opening it more as pictured.This is definitely the bag I use to tote around lots of stuff in.Good luck & chose wisely!

Attachments

• P9140032.JPG
    P9140032.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 571
  • P9140033.JPG
    P9140033.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 799
  • P9140042.JPG
    P9140042.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 525
The bolide doesn't really fit any of your criteria so it's the Garden party by default even though it's a fabulous bag. One more suggestion...have you tried the clemence Mawari? The larger one will take a laptop and it's really great looking also.