Knitters - Post Your Current Projects Here!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I didn't see a post for WIPs for either knit or crochet so I thought I'd at least start one for knitted works in progress (which for me means at least 2 or more different ones).

Let's see 'em! :smile:

2. #2 Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    Here's a current one that's a little more than half completed. I actually started it in Oct/Nov but set it down during the holidays. The pattern for the scarf came from the Interweave Knits Fall 08 Special Issue. I loved the look so much I actually made it in the exact yarn/colors as shown in the pattern - unusual for me since if I use a pattern I usually substitute yarns or at least color combos. The yarn in Aslan Trends Artesanal cotton/alpaca/polyamide blend.

Aslan Trends Scarf 1.jpg
  3. Thanks for starting this thread, Koo! I have a feeling I will be posting here a bunch :rolleyes:

I love the project you shared! I love the pattern - it looks so intricate and reminds me of ribbons from norwegian scarves!

4. #4 Jan 19, 2009
    This color is coming out more Kelly green than it is IRL, it is more of a leaf green. At any rate, the cuff of the first sleeve of what will be a cardigan sweater. I bought the yarn over a year ago - completely inspired by a certain pattern in Vogue Knitting, but it just wasn't 'right'. So I waited and contemplated and finally figured out what I wanted to do this past summer - a simple cardigan to show off the kitten-soft cashmere and simple cables at the hem. My Mom did the pattern for me (she is an AMAZING knitter).

5. #5 Jan 19, 2009
    Hmmm...pick isn't workin' with flickr....

6. I'm currently making a ruffle scarf!

IMG_6140_medium.JPG
  7. ^^ No prob - me too! I really like this pattern too. It's a deceptively simple 4 row repeat of a mesh pattern. Just rows of ssk, k2tog, some yo and two knit rows all on circulars. The bands are very simple color work and probably be good for a beginner looking to branch out. One of those patterns you can easily remember and take along.

Can't wait to see everyone's work! :yahoo:

8. [​IMG]

9. Oh, I love this, Izznit! Your project is going to be gorgeous!

10. Wow! LOVE the texture on the ruffle!

11. HarleyNemma - Love the cabled hem! The yarn looks so soft!

12. OK, one more for now. I was inspired by BrooklynTweed's blog to begin this one, an Elizabeth Zimmerman Garter Stitch Blanket. I am using the same yarn, but am up to, ahem, 6,214 yards o' yarn (yes, that is 62 times up and down a football field). I adore this though and my dbf cannot wait for it to be completed. :tender:
    [​IMG]

To see the source of my inspiration, I've attached the link to BTs blog (To see it in 'full' Search for: "lovefest".)

http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/
    :jammin:

13. ^^^ When it comes to yarn/stitches I am a texture junkie. The color and texture on that are fab! :faint:

14. ^I totally hear you there! That is why this blanket is sooooo divine! I also love this one because it is a 'no brainer' - knit every row. . . . yeah!

15. Is that the MJ inspired scarf? I was thinking about making that one & I am so psyched to yours - looks great!