Kiwi protecting spray for vachettta leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbcheck

Nov 3, 2006
I can not find the shining monkey or apple guard so i wentto my local target and got a Kiwi protect all that allows leather to breathe and a kiwi oil tanned leather protection. They seem very similiar and they stick a whole lot! LOL! Has any one tried these before if so which one should i use?

I used that on my new mono speedy about 3 weeks ago and it is patina'ing (lol is that a word?) very well. The rain just beads up on it and you can wipe it right off.

Just be careful when you are spraying it on the part that attaches to the bag itself, i sprayed a little too much and it kind of got soaked up by the underside of the vachettta, it was slightly discolored for about 2 weeks, but now that it has started to patina you can't really tell.

i also wondered about kiwi, as i couldnt find shining monkey or any other and kiwi just seemed to be everywhere. I saw a few posts about others using kiwi and it was fine so i went ahead and used it on my new vachetta a few weeks ago.
i was worried at first, but it was great. make sure you spray it from a distance (around 20cm) and outside. You will see little spots on the leather when it first touches it but they dissapear pretty much instantly. i was very happy with it. I did a few layers over 2 days.

I use the Kiwi Protect-all on new and used vachetta and it dries pretty fast with no marks or stains. I have yet been caught in rain with any bags with vachetta, so we'll see if Kiwi really does work!

I can not find the shining monkey or apple guard so i wentto my local target and got a Kiwi protect all that allows leather to breathe and a kiwi oil tanned leather protection. They seem very similiar and they stick a whole lot! LOL! Has any one tried these before if so which one should i use?

these can be bought online.

Status
Not open for further replies.