Kitty with eyeinfection?

misstrine85

Bagaholic
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
I'm afraid my kitty is begining to have an eyeinfection. This morning she could not open her right eye as easily as the left, shehad to rub her paw in it. There were some dried up fluid (?) in her fur above her eye. Her eye have been a little bit runny the past few days, but nothing much. After a while her eye were open with no fluid in it or running. It's not red either, it looks perfectly normal. And she's behaving normal as well, cuddles, eats, asks for treats.

Does it sound like an eyeinfection?

I'm afraid my kitty is begining to have an eyeinfection. This morning she could not open her right eye as easily as the left, shehad to rub her paw in it. There were some dried up fluid (?) in her fur above her eye. Her eye have been a little bit runny the past few days, but nothing much. After a while her eye were open with no fluid in it or running. It's not red either, it looks perfectly normal. And she's behaving normal as well, cuddles, eats, asks for treats.

Does it sound like an eyeinfection?
Is she easy to handle if you poke a prod her ? My oldest had an eye infection last summer & her eye was the exact same as yours, I could tell it was watery & I was able to open her eye some to see the whites of her eye & it was completely red (she had a mild case of pink eye). So if your cat lets you do that without hurting you I'd look, but I'd take her to the vet to get her looked at incase she needs any drops to help her get better :smile:

you can dilute organic apple cider vinegar with some water. dip in cotton bud and gently wash the area with it.

should be fine within a few days. if it gets worse, take her to a vet.

I wouldn't take any chances with an eye problem. Last year I thought my dog had an eye infection because she was keeping it closed. Turns out she either scratched it with her paw or something got in the eye. It turned into a major issue and if I had waited any longer taking her to the vet she could have needed surgery and/or lost her sight in that eye. I'd get to the vet right away.

If it doesnt appear to be an injury and is an infection, Terramycine eye ointment can be ordered off of Amazon. All 4 of my cats had eye infections at some point, and the Terramycine cleared them all up.

if it was just a one day thing it should be fine. sometimes they get stuff in their eye and it irritates it for about a day and then clears up. if it continues for more than a day then i would get a vet involved.

Hi ya'll I'm a 3rd vet student. I know it would be wonderful if someone could just diagnose a disease online and give you all the answers to treat it, but there are so many things it could be and without actually seeing your cat I feel its just like drawing out any disease out of a hat. She may have scratched her cornea, she could have a viral infection, if there is puss that could be a bacterial infection I mean the list is endless. Thats why a history and exam are so important and what may work for someone else pet may not work for you because they might be different conditions. Whatever it maybe, I would not wait to long to take it to the vet, its always better to be safe then sorry.. Its always also to be honest with your pet's history to the vet because that can change the diagnosis...Okay thats all. I will get off my soap box now =) Best of luck on with your kitty cat.