Kite Runner

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just finished watching the movie....so sad...my stupid husband fell asleep in the first 15mins...I was so mad!

What a great movie, should I read the book now even though I know the story? I know the book is supposed to be great

2. DH & i saw this movie last week and we LOVED it! it was touching and very heartwarming. one of our fave movies!!

3. You should definitely read the book. Very good but heart wrenching. I also enjoyed a thousand splendid suns by the same author.

4. Definitely read the book. I felt a kind of sympathy for the main character in the book, where in the film I just felt an immense anger at him and sadness for Hassan. I found it very hard to sympathize with Amir in the film even up to the end.

5. The book was GREAT!!
    Definitely a must-read!!

6. I LOVED the book. As for the movie, there are certain scenes from the book that I really don't want to see in the movie, so thats why I have put off seeing it. Are there a lot of violent scenes?

7. I Loved The Movie, But The Book Is Still My Favourite. You Should Read It.

8. Definitely read the book..very heartwrenching....

9. The rape scene was way too intense and graphic IMO.

10. I started reading the book this morning and wasn't able to put it down all day. I just finished it. I cried a lot. My heart went out to Amir, Baba, Hassan, Sohrab and Soraya. My husband rented the movie as well for me. I cannot wait to watch the movie with him tomorrow. I hope he likes the movie as much as I loved the book.

11. Such a great book. I haven't read it since it came out. Now you have me wanting to reread.

12. So true! My friend, gave me this book years ago when I was in school. I don't know why I never read it. A few days ago another friend told me she had been crying all evening reading this book ️. It piqued my interest and my husband was kind enough to find both the book and the movie in the library. I couldn't put it down today. I hope my husband will be interested to watch the movie with me tomorrow.