Home & Garden Kitchen Renovation...

mielikki55

Nov 21, 2006
Kitchen Renovation is soooo not as fun/quick/easy as HGTV makes it out to be!! What. A. Sham.

And granite slab shopping is ridiculously difficult. Too many choices and not one is the right one (so far). Wish me luck for this coming thrs...going to the granite wholesaler. We're running out of time and need to pick something soon!

That's it. Just had to vent for one sec. Thanks for listening.

:smile:

OMG you're scaring me... I am going through the excruciating offer-counteroffer-countercounteroffer-etc. phase on a home that I adore except for the kitchen. I was planning on re-doing it from the ground up anyway since it has no appliances currently... but am already intimidated by the process!

i honestly thought that our kitchen reno was the easiest part about our home remodel. although my SO works in the industry lol so that might have helped. if you have any questions or need a little insider info, feel free to PM me :smile:

have fun with it!

OMG you're scaring me... I am going through the excruciating offer-counteroffer-countercounteroffer-etc. phase on a home that I adore except for the kitchen. I was planning on re-doing it from the ground up anyway since it has no appliances currently... but am already intimidated by the process!

I didn't mean to scare you! The designing part was a lot of fun. Just make sure you have a good/patient kitchen contractor. I was just unprepared for the cabinets to come in so early. Appliance shopping took only a few days. It's the granite shopping that's stressing me. I think granite shopping would be more fun if it weren't 100F each time we went to the granite yard. The heat is killer. And we're being very particular about the granite...trying to find something that looks like marble. Not so easy...but we're getting close.

We went to the granite wholesaler today and...drum roll, please...we found our slabs!! I'm very happy and relieved since our cabinets are getting installed next week. And the granite actually looks kinda marble-ish.

Bianco Gita 2.jpg

Bianco Gita 1.jpg

We've got solid granite slab in our kitchen. It was not cheap and we did have issues with installation (like when they cut a piece totally wrong and basically had to throw it away), but oh it was worth all the difficulty. You are going to love it once it is in place!

Ours is a much darker granite, but we have a tumbled marble backsplash very similar in color to your counters, and the 2 go together really well.

Gorgeous!

We wanted granite on our benchtops but our island is 4m long and granite slabs only come in 3m lengths. This would mean we would have to have a join, and granite joins are very noticeable. So we've decided to go with CeaserStone instead.