Review Kirkland Signature Shampoo & Conditioner

Mar 7, 2008
KS-Shampoo.jpg

Product
: Kirkland Signature Moisture Shampoo 33.8 oz (1L) & Kirkland Signature Moisture Conditioner 33.8 oz (1L)

Where to Buy
: Costco (In-Store Only) & a few websites online (they do charge more than Costco)

Cost: Store prices may vary, but they are under $10 each at my Costco

Details:

Both are

Sulfate Free
100% Vegan
Paraben Free
Gluten Free
Moisture Nutrient Complex with Pure Organic Extracts
Manufactured in the USA
No Animal Testing
Professional Salon Formula
Safe for Color Treated Hair
Conditioner contains UV Protectants

My Personal Experience: I read about the Kirkland Signature Shampoo & Conditioner in Costco's magazine called 'Costco Connection' for Costco members and I thought I'd give them a try. They're a very good value per ounce and with Costco's wonderful return policy I felt I had nothing to lose. I sure do love a lot of other Kirkland Signature products, so it was time to try their hair products.

I've used a lot of hair products throughout the years and very few earn a spot in my shower and get used regularly. I'm that girl that people call to ask about a certain product as I tend to switch brands every time I need something. I'm so pleased with this shampoo and conditioner I'll have both in my shower as long as Costco keeps selling them. First of all, these are very moisturizing. I'm one of those people who has to wash their hair everyday and I've tried going the route to get my scalp used to every other day to every couple days (trial and error a lot of different methods) and I can't stand it. I've tried using all types of shampoo and I use Head & Shoulders once a week as I find it keeps my scalp happy and I use Redken. I have fine, mid-back length, non color-treated hair that is straight. The shampoo is quite thick and it takes a while gently scalp massaging to work up a nice lather. The conditioner is wonderful, almost like a cream. My hair hasn't felt this nice after I rinsed my conditioner out in a while. Just remember to really work in the shampoo, no quick washes with this one and rinse well.

My Mom uses these too and she has fine hair (but a lot of it), a chin-length bob, professionally highlighted, and her hair is straight . Her hair texture was very poor, easily tangled, and almost straw-like before this shampoo and conditioner. Not many products improve her hair, she blow dries daily, uses volumizing products and has hard well water. Her hair looks beautiful using the Kirkland shampoo & conditioner! No flyaways, shiny, and a sleek finished look.

So the bottom line is, if you're looking for a high-quality moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that are an excellent value, I highly recommend trying the Kirkland Signature Shampoo & Conditioner. If you're not happy with them, Costco has a great return policy.

I forgot to add since this is such a moisture-rich duo we use them less frequently in the summer. The air is so dry in the winter with the indoor heat that it just seems everything craves moisture.

is the conditioner blue?

i remember my mom used to always buy Kirkland shampoo+conditioner and i HATED the conditioner. i found it watery and not moisturizing at all and i hated the smell! i don't recall loving or hating the shampoo so id probably be okay with using it again. it's just the conditioner i remember really really hating.

The conditioner isn't blue, it's white. It's not watery at all either, so perhaps they have a new formula? I also don't think either smell bad. I did some research in past 'Costco Connection' issues and it lists the shampoo and conditioner in the 'what's new' in the August 2010 issue. I definitely think it's worth trying again. Costco takes anything back that you're dissatisfied with, no questions asked. Can you tell I love Costco? :lol: Costco and TJ Maxx :love:

I recently received a sample for this product, and I have to agree that it makes my hair feel great. My skin and scalp will become dry and flaky in extreme weather conditions. So I really lucked out when I decided to try it when I was in Vegas last week because it worked wonders on my scalp. However, I dislike the smell (I hate vanilla) so much that I'm not willing to purchase it again.

I know this is a super old thread, but wanted to add my .02 instead of starting a new one.

I use these products and I LOVE them. I'm not exaggerating when I say they are an exact dupe for Pureology Nanoworks. (From what I understand, these products are actually made by Pureology & then relabeled for Costco.)

My hair is extremely thick, coarse, wavy, heat-styled, color-treated, and tends to be dry, so I need something moisturizing, that will maintain color, and keep my hair smooth. These products are a godsend for me. Very moisturizing, great lather, sulfate free, cleanses well, perfect amount of conditioning, great for maintaining color. I will say that if you have fine or oily hair that's weighed down easily, you probably will not like these, as they are heavy products. This would be best for coarse, thick, dry or damaged hair. For me, they are definite HG material. I have used everything from Suave to Pureology & Kerastase, and the Kirkland products have given me the best results by far.

KS-Shampoo.jpg

Product
: Kirkland Signature Moisture Shampoo 33.8 oz (1L) & Kirkland Signature Moisture Conditioner 33.8 oz (1L)

Where to Buy
: Costco (In-Store Only) & a few websites online (they do charge more than Costco)

Cost: Store prices may vary, but they are under $10 each at my Costco

Details:

Both are

Sulfate Free
100% Vegan
Paraben Free
Gluten Free
Moisture Nutrient Complex with Pure Organic Extracts
Manufactured in the USA
No Animal Testing
Professional Salon Formula
Safe for Color Treated Hair
Conditioner contains UV Protectants

My Personal Experience: I read about the Kirkland Signature Shampoo & Conditioner in Costco's magazine called 'Costco Connection' for Costco members and I thought I'd give them a try. They're a very good value per ounce and with Costco's wonderful return policy I felt I had nothing to lose. I sure do love a lot of other Kirkland Signature products, so it was time to try their hair products.

I've used a lot of hair products throughout the years and very few earn a spot in my shower and get used regularly. I'm that girl that people call to ask about a certain product as I tend to switch brands every time I need something. I'm so pleased with this shampoo and conditioner I'll have both in my shower as long as Costco keeps selling them. First of all, these are very moisturizing. I'm one of those people who has to wash their hair everyday and I've tried going the route to get my scalp used to every other day to every couple days (trial and error a lot of different methods) and I can't stand it. I've tried using all types of shampoo and I use Head & Shoulders once a week as I find it keeps my scalp happy and I use Redken. I have fine, mid-back length, non color-treated hair that is straight. The shampoo is quite thick and it takes a while gently scalp massaging to work up a nice lather. The conditioner is wonderful, almost like a cream. My hair hasn't felt this nice after I rinsed my conditioner out in a while. Just remember to really work in the shampoo, no quick washes with this one and rinse well.

My Mom uses these too and she has fine hair (but a lot of it), a chin-length bob, professionally highlighted, and her hair is straight . Her hair texture was very poor, easily tangled, and almost straw-like before this shampoo and conditioner. Not many products improve her hair, she blow dries daily, uses volumizing products and has hard well water. Her hair looks beautiful using the Kirkland shampoo & conditioner! No flyaways, shiny, and a sleek finished look.

So the bottom line is, if you're looking for a high-quality moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that are an excellent value, I highly recommend trying the Kirkland Signature Shampoo & Conditioner. If you're not happy with them, Costco has a great return policy.

After reading all the reviews on this shampoo and conditioner, I wanted to thank everyone here. I bought it, have been using it and have to say my hair has improved 100%!!!! My hair was straw-like from two tone process of highlights and touch ups and thanks to this remarkable product, I am now getting compliments on my hair. I highly recommend it to everyone!

I didn't even know about this thread, but got a recc from pmburk on another beauty thread. Nothing but raves from this corner!

Since using this, my hair has somehow simultaneously grown AND stayed healthy so much so that when I last went in for a haircut, she only needed to take an inch off. Prior to my cut, I hadn't been in for so much as a trim in nearly a year. I should note that I have to touch up my roots every 2 weeks, so it's easier for me to damage it than it is to keep it healthy.

Tried both the shampoo and conditioner for the first time yesterday and I have to say I am impressed so far. My hair feels clean, soft and has a nice sheen to it. What a great find! Thanks again. :heart:

Last edited:
I know this is a super old thread, but wanted to add my .02 instead of starting a new one.

I use these products and I LOVE them. I'm not exaggerating when I say they are an exact dupe for Pureology Nanoworks. (From what I understand, these products are actually made by Pureology & then relabeled for Costco.)

My hair is extremely thick, coarse, wavy, heat-styled, color-treated, and tends to be dry, so I need something moisturizing, that will maintain color, and keep my hair smooth. These products are a godsend for me. Very moisturizing, great lather, sulfate free, cleanses well, perfect amount of conditioning, great for maintaining color. I will say that if you have fine or oily hair that's weighed down easily, you probably will not like these, as they are heavy products. This would be best for coarse, thick, dry or damaged hair. For me, they are definite HG material. I have used everything from Suave to Pureology & Kerastase, and the Kirkland products have given me the best results by far.
I have hair like yours (more curly than wavy but dry and coarse, color treated)
I tried the Costco conditioner a few years back (but not the shampoo). I liked it at first and then a few weeks or so later I thought my hair was feeling kind of dry and I blamed the conditioner. This thread is making me think I should give it another try. I'm stocked up on good conditioners right now but I may repurchase this when I'm ready.

I have curly, thick, coarse, dry, color treated hair something like yours. I decided to pick up this shampoo Saturday based on the good reviews and that it's supposedly made by Pureology. After buying it I went on Naturallycurly.com and someone there says it's not good - has cones or something. Guess since I bought it I'll give it a try and see how it works on my hair. That huge bottle will last me years. I vowed not to buy such large containers of shampoo but this one was there staring at me. You know how it is when you're at Costco.

^ My hair loves 'cones, and I'll admit, I don't always read the ingredients on my shampoo/conditioner. Some of the things that work best for me are things that are reviled by Paula's Choice & Naturallycurly. The Kirkland works really, really well for me - but I know that may not be the case for everyone!