kingston hobo?

DooneyDucky

Nov 13, 2013
I sold a few bags that I used only 3-4 times and got only a mere fraction of what I paid out of them on ebay. Plus, with Paypal fees and EBay's fees I made even less. So- if you can sell it to someone for $120 you're only losing $36. Did you get it from the outlet? Will you get the half the retail price for it on a trade in or only half of what you paid?

duckiesforme

Jun 2, 2014
thanks, I deleted my message because I felt stupid buying and then wanting to sell it so soon. If I could've seen this purse in person, I probably would've known the pockets would have been too hard for me to open with my painful hands. I ordered over the phone from an outlet. if I do the trade in I will get half the value of the purse towards another purse which would be almost what I paid for it but I would hate to see it destroyed when someone else could use it.

DooneyDucky

Nov 13, 2013
You didn't make a stupid decision. Sometimes a bag just won't work for us even if we bought it at the store. You never know until you get it home and load it up. Good luck with whatever you decide. :smile:

oldbaglover

Jun 26, 2013
Missouri
thanks, I deleted my message because I felt stupid buying and then wanting to sell it so soon. If I could've seen this purse in person, I probably would've known the pockets would have been too hard for me to open with my painful hands. I ordered over the phone from an outlet. if I do the trade in I will get half the value of the purse towards another purse which would be almost what I paid for it but I would hate to see it destroyed when someone else could use it.
Does that mean that traded in purses are actually destroyed? If so, that is awful as a womens shelter would probably take a purse.

SandraElle

Jun 19, 2013
Does that mean that traded in purses are actually destroyed? If so, that is awful as a womens shelter would probably take a purse.
Destroyed yes...that's what I understand. That hurts to think about!

Heck, if it was Coach they'd wrap it in plastic and send it from the warehouse as new. :roflmfao: (plastic wrap if you're lucky, that is.)

Disclaimer: I'm not hating on Coach...I own plenty....I'm just speaking based on stories posted on tpf where they've gotten bags from the Jax whse that were supposed to be new but had obviously been carried.

Back on topic, OP let us know what you decide to do with your bag. Good luck. :smile:

duckiesforme

Jun 2, 2014
I told the lady I would sell it to her but she hasn't replied back. I figure I might as well get what I can out of it since I know I won't be able to carry it. I had my cell phone fall out of the top pocket twice so I don't want to use them unless it's for something unimportant.and the magnet on the snap pockets are just too hard for me to open. the purse is really nice though. I'll just have to buy bags with outside zipper pockets from now on.

G.Allyn

Dec 12, 2013
Despite carrying various styles, it is sometimes difficult to know how practical a handbag will be until we use it a few times.

Face it, not all items we buy work for us. Sad, but true. Designers always remind us that form follows function. So, if function is supposed to go to the top of the list, then you are getting rid of a bag which does not work for you, for all the right reasons.

No matter how much money you have, most people don't like the idea of "wasting" money. If you sell the bag now while it is new and in style, hopefully you will get your best return. I think you are smart to realize something does not work for you straight away.

If you threw the bag in the back of your closet and tried to forget about the purchase, when you tried to sell next year, your return on the handbag would probably not be near as much as you can get right now.

Hope all works out. Let us know. Now I am curious.