Tech kinect vs wii

lucretias

I am the one that I want!
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
Hampton, Virginia
anybody have either? What do you think? I was thinking of getting a WII, but then heard about the Kinect. I believe it is 100 more expenisve, but am wondering would it be worth it.

I am interested in playing physical games and heard people say it really brings a new level to the gaming.

NagaJolokia

Living Hard
Nov 25, 2008
In White Noise and on Whitewater
I bought the Kinect and my guy has owned his Wii for years. Well, we've set the Kinect up in his house on Nov. 4 when it came out. It's been over a month now, and we both definitely enjoy it. He likes it; I love it. I like it even better than the Wii for sure. Of course, my guy is right when he says that this is the next best thing to virtual reality! Even the games that are meant for just fun (the RPGs, adventure games, dance games) will give you a good cardio workout and are fun on top of it! Since you are using no controls other than yourself and your whole body for much of it (unlike the Wii), the games and accuracy are immersive enough that you often don't realize how tired you are until you stop and get a reality check!

The things to watch out for are:

-You will need a heck lot more room for it than the Wii! Make sure you calibrate it to the amount of space that you have when you set it up. You will see an option to do this right away and you can go back to it when you need to.

-There are a few games that buggy period- like Fighters Uncaged. I was really looking forward to this game, but then read things like a head butt could be mistaken for a kick! Read the reviews as some games work very well whereas others are just buggy.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2009
We got the wii a couple years ago when it first came out. Used it once or twice and then never touched it again. Then the wii fit version came out so I got the wii fit board and games for that thinking it'd be a great workout at home. I used it once and never used it again. I don't know why---it was fun but just never really used it. So we actually just gave it to my sis and her bf a few days ago.

We really want the kinect but are waiting for more reviews to come out before we get it since the wii turned out to be a bum purchase for us. I have tried it in the stores and the kinect definitely seems better!

Lilacgal

O.G.
Aug 27, 2009
I have both, and enjoy the Kinect more. The adventures, dance central, and sports are just great, and everyone in the family joins in to have some great work out or fun.

Aug 4, 2006
i just did 2 hours of dance central! kinect all the way! that's coz i don't like holding on to something. but wii has a lot of games that are fun to play with people too. tough choice. i guess it depends on what kinds of games you like?

TwiggyStar

☆★twinkle★☆
Dec 1, 2009
♥ Imagination ♥
I got the kinect for christmas, played all day yesterday.. I am soo sore today! I'm young, so I don't work out, but that kinect was quite a workout. Especially the sports game! Super fun though, definitely recommend it over the wii if your looking for physical games because you have to use your whole body, while you just move the arm thats holding the remote for the wii.

babypie

Jun 3, 2007
We got the wii a couple years ago when it first came out. Used it once or twice and then never touched it again. Then the wii fit version came out so I got the wii fit board and games for that thinking it'd be a great workout at home. I used it once and never used it again. I don't know why---it was fun but just never really used it. So we actually just gave it to my sis and her bf a few days ago.

We really want the kinect but are waiting for more reviews to come out before we get it since the wii turned out to be a bum purchase for us. I have tried it in the stores and the kinect definitely seems better!
Gosh this sounds just like me. I was so into my Wii and Wii-fit for about a month. I seriously loved it. But haven't touched it in about a year. I feel guilty about the $ I spent on it and the games (some are still unopened)....

krafite

Sep 23, 2010
The Kinect sounds really good so far. most people commented that its much better than the Wii and it actually gives you a good workout as well !

but apparently all the other gaming consoles company are working on their next updated version as well. so i guess it will just keep getting better and better.