Tech Kindle Anyone?

I just bought myself a Kindle Fire HD 8.9"... does anyone have any recommendations for cute designer cases? I'm finding tons of cases for iPads specifically, but not a whole lot for Kindles...

Kindle Fire is on sale!

Save up to $50 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
Through February 8th, 2013, save $30 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9" or $50 on Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE. Enter promotional code FIRELOVE at checkout.

I still prefer the regular Kindle over the newer and Fire versions. I like to hold it like a book and press the buttons on either side to turn the pages forward and back, far better than having to swipe with my finger.
If I want to swipe i would rather read on an iPad.

I am finally caving and buying a Kindle (I've spent years turning my nose up at them, saying I would miss the feel of real books...). I have no idea which one I should go for. If all I want to do is read books and also get a couple of magazine subscriptions, is Kindle Fire the way to go?

If you just wanted books the best Kindle e-reader is the Paperwhite. If you also want to read magazines you will need a tablet. I use my iPad for the magazines. Kindle Fire would be a great choice if you don't mind reading on a backlit screen. I personally need one just for books and a tablet for everything else.

I am finally caving and buying a Kindle (I've spent years turning my nose up at them, saying I would miss the feel of real books...). I have no idea which one I should go for. If all I want to do is read books and also get a couple of magazine subscriptions, is Kindle Fire the way to go?

If you just wanted books the best Kindle e-reader is the Paperwhite. If you also want to read magazines you will need a tablet. I use my iPad for the magazines. Kindle Fire would be a great choice if you don't mind reading on a backlit screen. I personally need one just for books and a tablet for everything else.

Thank you, Cindi!
I don't have an iPad...but wondering if the Fire is a bit of a waste of money if I only plan to read books and a couple of magazines. Perhaps I'll go for Paperwhite for now, and stick to 'real' magazines (which I am not supposed to be buying anyway, as they are like giant wish lists for me... :P).
Woo hoo, a kazillion books in one teeny tiny device! I can't wait :smile:

if you're looking for a kindle thats good for books AND magazines i'd go for the Kindle Fire......... i personally have the Kindle 4 which i love b/c its lightweight, easy on my eyes since its not backlit, and i like pressing the buttons to turn the page rather than swiping on a touch screen. I also have an ipad which i'll use for magazines.

my friend has a kindle fire and she loves it! she has her apps and books all in one and she uses it all the time and its smaller than an ipad (well not the minis) and she just keeps it in her purse.

If you are just looking at a tablet for magazines then it might not be worth it for you. If you also want to watch movies and chat on The Purse Forum from wherever you happen to be I might go for both. :P The Fire is cheap for a tablet and I haven't heard any bad reviews.

Thank you, Cindi!
I don't have an iPad...but wondering if the Fire is a bit of a waste of money if I only plan to read books and a couple of magazines. Perhaps I'll go for Paperwhite for now, and stick to 'real' magazines (which I am not supposed to be buying anyway, as they are like giant wish lists for me... :P).
Woo hoo, a kazillion books in one teeny tiny device! I can't wait :smile:

If you are just looking at a tablet for magazines then it might not be worth it for you. If you also want to watch movies and chat on The Purse Forum from wherever you happen to be I might go for both. :P The Fire is cheap for a tablet and I haven't heard any bad reviews.

So - I can access TPF on Fire? And the App store? Probably very basic questions, but I was in a store looking at Kindles today and ended up walking away - nobody there to help :sad:

There are many ereaders out there other than the Kindle (though it is very popular). I don't like that I'm locked into Amazon with no .epub so I got a Nook instead.

That said, I have a completely different set of requirements from you (I just needed to read books and not magazines). The most useful place when I was doing research on which ereader to buy was the MobileRead forums.

Hope this helps somewhat!

I would go to Amazon.com and check out both the Fire and the Paperwhite. All your questions will be answered there. The Fire is a tablet so you would be able to access the internet, buy apps, watch movies, chat on TPF or FaceBook...

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-H...F8&qid=1365186267&sr=1-1&keywords=kindle+fire

So - I can access TPF on Fire? And the App store? Probably very basic questions, but I was in a store looking at Kindles today and ended up walking away - nobody there to help :sad:

Yes you can get on tPF on the fire. I got my mother in law one when she got sick (she had a blood clot and would always have to be in the hospital for weeks sometimes) she loved it to play games, watch Netflix, and YouTube videos. It's a great price tablet that also let's you read some good priced books!