kinda disappointed with my first Tano!! :(

Watson's Mom

My Newest Friends!
O.G.
May 5, 2008
just got my first Tano and was so excited, but I have to say I am a little disappointed with it. It's a Sexbomb in lawn green, and while it's the exact green I wanted, the handles are just too short. They may fit now, but will no way fit over a coat. And being thin and flat, one seems to constantly fall off my shoulder. Is it me or has anyone else had these feelings? I will probably send it back and get a one strap hobo.... thanks!

Oh bummer! I'm so sorry that happened! I've never owned a sex bomb because of that reason-I definitely want a shoulder bag and the straps look a little short for that. I've been tempted though, the bag reminds me of the Gerard Darel 24heur bag that I am just in love with.
I hope this hasn't turned you off about Tano, there are so many other options! Maybe the other ladies can offer you suggestions as what other styles may work for you...

Perhaps a street walker or baby daddy?

Sorry about your handles not fitting! The only thing I can say is that I fold one under the other sometimes, and that works.....but maybe not for you because you indicated they are too short for you. I'd send it back, too, but try another great Tano bag with maybe a single handle. I know you'll like it.

Mine fits well on my shoulder.

I have the Watermelon, so I will never be using that bright of a color when I need to wear a coat.

If you're uncomfortable, you should definately send it back and get something you love. There are so many Tano options.

Awwww I'm sorry! That's one of the reasons I haven't ever considered a SB...I knew the drop would make it a tight fit.

I hope you find something else that you'll love!!!!!

What did you think of the leather and lining and hardware?

So sorry to hear you didn't love your purchase. I didn't like my first Tano purchase at all (a Magic Hairdo) and returned it. I wondered if maybe the hype was just that, hype. Then I saw the Buxom Buddy in winter white and "Summer bag!" popped into my mind. I just received her yesterday and I'm totally happy, and very glad I tried Tano a second time. Definitely hold out for a bag you can truly love.

the quality is very nice - everything about it is great except for that. I did try to move the straps on both ends to the very last hole, and yes, it's fine for now, but when I pay this much for a purse, I want to use it all year. Back she goes, I guess!

I'm glad you posted this, I was getting tempted by the Sex Bomb because it's such a great looking bag but I definitely want one that will fit comfy on the shoulder - big winter coat and all. Now I realize that I need to focus on the longer strap bags or I may find myself disappointed as well.

Michaelle - the Jane Reaction looks awesome, I've been eying that one!

Linda

I didn't love the sex bomb either, but looooove the Jane Reaction bag!!:heart:

Good luck finding your perfect Tano!!

My Jane Reaction in beaujolais just arrived TODAY!! Totally awesome bag and the drop is just perfect, winter coat and all!! :tup: It's a keeper and I'll be able to use her all year long.

Sorry your sex bomb didnt work for you, watsons mom! Sometimes you really have to try things on, which, unfortunately is hard to so when you shop online! :smile: That one is a snug fit. I have it in pool and it works great for me, but everyone is different. At least now you know what the leather is like and what the Tano bags are all about. Try again!