Kind of shocking Nordstroms experience

I would be apalled if this happened to me through eBay let alone Nordstrom! If it were just a stray gum wrapper or something I'd probably let it go, but finding something that was clearly wet at one time and a pair of nail clippers is too much for me. What a hard predicament considering it's the last bag. No matter where I buy a bag from even if it was a return I'd at least like to think whoever returned it would be smart enough to check the pockets and failing that I would hope whatever retailer it was would check! Such a strange predicament!

There are threads on some forums where people have no qualms about using something, keeping it for an extended period then returning it because the manufacturer or the retailer has a lenient return policy. Of course while one hopes the bag, or whatever, would be resold properly (with a disclosure and at a discount, or sent to an outlet) this is more often the result. An unsuspecting buyer gets someone else's 'sloppy seconds' and is none too happy about it. It is one thing to see it in real life and make the choice to buy it 'as is' and quite another to be unpleasantly surprised.

If it was as hard to find as has been implied here, I would just chuck the crap, and clean the lining. If the rest of the purse is fine :shrugs:

But if I was going to be skeeved out by it, nothing Nordies could do would change that, so I would have them send me a label to return it.

I just cannot understand how anyone can purchase something, use it and return it as new. Now, in this case, the original owner may have returned for whatever reason and not represented it as unused. We do not know. It is when someone takes something back and pretends that it was still new and it then is sold as such, it irritates me. That is just unethical to me. If I buy something and there is something wrong, that is one thing, but if I use it and I just don't like it, then I could not ,in good conscience, return it. JMHO

In this case, if the OP can get past the used aspect and Nordies will make it worth her while, then I hope she enjoys the bag!

I understand this was ..gross to get such a used bag.

But maybe a new sales person returned it without checking it fully ? Isn't aware of scammers out there etc.

I was in another dept store in lingerie and a new sales person was alone for a bit, it was crowded and a lady returned A very dirty and used bra. The clerk didn't check the underneath band just tried to be as fast and efficient as possible helping everyone. A seasoned clerk came back and was upset she took the return. Explained what to watch out for on returns.

What do you want Nordstrom to do exactly ? I mean even though they are a large company everyone is human and makes mistakes.

I once had a used Ugg sent to me from Nordstrom. It was clearly worn for a long time and was disgusting. I took it right to the store and they sent me another one and I told them i wanted brand new from the warehouse and not from another store.

I took a look at the bag again today and notices that the handles are a mess. On the backside the leather is totally worn and in other spots is cracked. I am sadly going to have to send this baby back. I just can't imagine paying this much for this bag. I take good care of my things and even a 30% discount wouldn't do it. sigh....

I logged online to Nordstroms.com today and found ANOTHER FRANKIE! Not the beautiful studded one with the gold hardware that I have but a plain black one with silver hardware.
As I love the actual bag, size etc... I bought it. It wasn't on sale but I have contacted Nordstroms to see if they will do a discount. The SA checked and it was the only one left in the company so it could be another return. Fingers crossed that I get a discount and that it's in good condition. Thus far Nordstroms has been less than helpful.

OP, glad to hear you were able to find something that you liked instead. I totally understand how you are feeling--I just received a bag myself today in the mail that was clearly a returned bag. The bag wasn't stuffed, the dust bag was all crinkled and tossed in, and the tag was included but was not actually attached to the bag. Haven't checked any pockets yet, but currently debating what to do, since it's now out of stock.

Kind of shocking that they are not being helpful! Maybe you should ask to speak to a supervisor. I could understand if the bag was labeled "vintage" and I think vintage things that were used are kinda cool...but that is now what you purchased!

Nordstroms gave me the new bag for the same price as the old and waived the two day shipping fee. The new bag may also have been a return so I will check it over carefully. Fingers crossed.

I've seen this numerous times at Nordstroms. Unfortunately it is one of the downfalls of their great return policy. They will take literally everything back, but due to the lack of quality control, have no way to check every item to confirm it doesn't get resold if used (in your case, the bag should have been refurbished and sold at the Nordstrom Rack).

Glad to hear you found a resolution. Hopefully the new bag doesn't have the same issue!

Isn't anyone more surprised that someone would leave so many personal items in a returned bag? It's bad enough someone would use a bag then return it, but I could see how she could accidentally miss a gum wrapper or receipt when taking her stuff back out. But to leave such personal things like a child's photo and cosmetic bag is just bizarre.