Kind Gesture, Ugly Bag

Dec 6, 2005
Oh wow! You guys know I love LV Mono Canvas, that's what I have typically worn over the years. Of course my friends know that I love LV as well. Yesterday I received a belated B-day package from a dear friend, we haven't seen each other in a couple of years but still are very close. I know money is kind of tight for her, so we usually don't exchange big gifts, just little sentimental stuff that I treasure. Well, I was shocked when I opened the package to find a really small, coarse nylon bag, with a weird pattern all over it and shaped like a circle:blink: :blink: . I can't help it but it's so very ugly and so not me!!! I thanked my friend profusely, of course it is the sentiment, but what gives with the bag? It seems that she would know my taste better?? Just venting/opining!

i wanna see this thing...

that's why i always tell people to NOT buy me bags, clothes, etc. for presents - there's no accounting for personal taste, and it's just too hard to find something that even someone you know well will certainly like. they get me something i don't like and then i feel like i have to lie to them.

Maybe she thought you'd like it or that was all she could get with what she could afford to spend and trying to get something she thought would be you (sorta).