Kim Kardashian

Isn't Snapchat where you do a little 10 second skit or whatever of yourself and they can only view it once?
My daughters have this app and talk about it. Is there anything I need to know???
Depends on who they follow and what they're snapping. The biggest misconception that many people have is that snaps can't be saved by those viewing it....guess the catfishers have found a way to use snapchat as part of their catfishing. Obviously the snaps are not deleted from their servers as many believe - Snapchat apparently retains video.

I've seen far too many sexual things meant to be a private snap and I'm just like 'why?!'...nothing online is private.

Actually, I think people who go through a very traumatic experience like a robbery, burglary, ect, will adjust & adapt to insure that it never happens again. If you're robbed, you up your security, change your habits, ect. Only time will tell how this will truly affect her.
I agree and only in the long run will we see the true extent of her change. I also am interested to see exactly what did happen. Hopefully the authorities will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Call me cynical but I see even *this* as staged and the perfect "oh woe is me" photo op. I will never believe that Kim doesn't court attention. Even now after the hold-up.

But then again, maybe I am just a cynical ole biatch after all :biggrin:

I want to agree, but the cynical side of me just sees this photo as 'so scripted'.
Why did they have to have their children with them when they emerge for the first time.
And having North looking so upset and clinging to Kim, as she's paraded through all those security and what is probably a huge media gathering.
I'm sure all the nannies and other staff are waiting somewhere out of sight, wouldn't it have been better for the children to be send them with that group.

If Kim want to come out to show her new humble, covered up self, fine, just leave the 'children as props' out of it!

Last edited:
Call me cynical but see even *this* as staged and the perfect "oh woe is me" photo op. I will never believe that Kim doesn't court attention. Even now after the hold-up.

But then again, maybe I am just a cynical ole biatch after all :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm not Kim-blaming and she can do whatever she wants, but I'm sure it's possible to leave a building in a less public way if you needed to do so?

Well that's all it's about so Kim is not really acting out of the norm from a socialwebs perspective. That doesn't mean it's to be praised...I'm only painting context because while we may find it disgusting or unacceptable, it's the norm on those sites. I actually haven't been on IG in months because I just grew so tired of the monotony of it all. However, given the amount of tween/teens in my life, I feel it's necessary to be familiar with Snap/IG as this is their main source of social interaction. Plus - I watch the way some boomers+ lose their minds with needing to use technology to get things done...I never want to be like that when the feds make my social security an app paid through venmo or somthing...lol

That may be normal behavior for those sites but I think that's a systemic, societal symptom of living in a society that is so plugged in to the web . Just because they all do it, does not make it right, moral, or safe. It's following the herd, not your heart or your mind. If everyone decided tomorrow to strip down & go around buck azz naked, I wouldn't follow suit. I was not raised that way & to me that's wrong in my heart & my mind. With modern society's dependence on computers, laptops, notes, phones, ect to be plugged in, in some respect, we have invited irresponsible, immoral behavior into our homes, our lives & the lives of our children.

Thousands of others do, celebs and non-celebs alike. She is loving all this attention. Not a doubt in my mind.

On a side note, it's nice to see North finally getting some attention from her Mother after leaving her for her Parisian sojourn - even if it is staged, *again*.
Yeah, I'm not Kim-blaming and she can do whatever she wants, but I'm sure it's possible to leave a building in a less public way if you needed to do so?

Well that's all it's about so Kim is not really acting out of the norm from a socialwebs perspective. That doesn't mean it's to be praised...I'm only painting context because while we may find it disgusting or unacceptable, it's the norm on those sites. I actually haven't been on IG in months because I just grew so tired of the monotony of it all. However, given the amount of tween/teens in my life, I feel it's necessary to be familiar with Snap/IG as this is their main source of social interaction. Plus - I watch the way some boomers+ lose their minds with needing to use technology to get things done...I never want to be like that when the feds make my social security an app paid through venmo or somthing...lol

To be honest i actually don't think Kim flaunts her wealth as much as people make it seem. I just went through her feed and it's mostly selfies and outfit shots, there's a few shots of her jewels but nothing crazy. I'm probably just as guilty in that regard because i have a few pics of my engagement ring on my feed and some of my more expensive bags, and while my stuff clearly isn't worth as much as hers, it could still technically make me a target for robbery, just like anyone else that posts their stuff online. I actually never really thought about it, it just seems so normal and what everyone does nowadays, so you don't really think that things you post can make you a target.

Reactions: tweegy
They would, but as we were discussing earlier- Not the full value of the ring, as well as its not cut and dry they file and insurance gives them money.. There will be an investigation.

Why rob yourself a 6+mil ring to get back a fraction of its worth, to then sell the ring on the black market for also less than it's worth?

Right. For all the shizz Kim does and has done (I'm looking at you hump and the 72 day fake wedding!!) I just don't see her faking this. Plus if she did you know the kameras would be recording it all and hasn't production on kuwtk been halted?

To be honest i actually don't think Kim flaunts her wealth as much as people make it seem. I just went through her feed and it's mostly selfies and outfit shots, there's a few shots of her jewels but nothing crazy. I'm probably just as guilty in that regard because i have a few pics of my engagement ring on my feed and some of my more expensive bags, and while my stuff clearly isn't worth as much as hers, it could still technically make me a target for robbery, just like anyone else that posts their stuff online. I actually never really thought about it, it just seems so normal and what everyone does nowadays, so you don't really think that things you post can make you a target.
Exactly. When you're excited about something sometimes you take a pic and send to your friends....IG is no different for many. I had to make a family member take pics down from FB before because it was in the house at a family event and I felt a little to invasive. She meant no harm but just didn't even think of it in that manner. Some of it is not conscious behavior and it's just about picture sharing.

I think Kim displaying her wealth etc on Snapchat and any other social media is vulgar. The notion that "everyone is doing it" holds no water with me. Society would be a mess (and possibly is headed that way) if everyone did something crass or worse just because "everyone" is doing it. Sorry, that's a pathetic herd mentality for people with no brain or moral compass of their own.

Now, secondary....if this story is true, did Kim deserve to be held and frightened out of her mind? No, absolutely not. The onus is on the perp, not the victim here, no matter how she flaunted her jewellery on social media.

Kim also makes a living from all her social media posts tho...I guess what gives can also take away??

Reactions: cdtracing
That picture was credited as in NYC but I thought Kimmy flew home to California where she felt safe. So which is it?

I have no idea if a robbery occurred or not. But there's so much of the story that doesn't make sense. Lack of security camera footage, screaming on balcony but no one claimed to have heard, ordered to spread her legs, tied up with zip ties, gagged and put in bathtub, escaped from the zip ties by herself, whole thing including her screaming and getting tied up in only six minutes. Etc. All these details don't add up.

I can't wait for Kim's tell-all about this... You KNOW it's just a matter of time before she sits down with Diane sawyer!

Right. For all the shizz Kim does and has done (I'm looking at you hump and the 72 day fake wedding!!) I just don't see her faking this. Plus if she did you know the kameras would be recording it all and hasn't production on kuwtk been halted?
I don't see them faking this doll!

Usually lies come to light...
ta3drc.gif

Really? You don't think anything you post online could be used to your disadvantage? I am very careful with what I post on instagram. I don't tag friends who don't wanna be tagged, I don't mention the city I live in or take unique shots that could be identifiable unless I travel and am in a different city. But that's just, again, common sense to me ... and I'm not famous. And also I grew up in a country that takes protection of their citizens' data very seriously (unlike the NSA) so we get "drills" every few years from the government on what to do or avoid in terms of personal information used online. I feel like we're more aware of it. Hence Facebook having a hard time gaining ground here.

However, while people think it's normal to post pics of their jewelry, expensive purses, ect that they are proud of & want to share them, predators use these sites as their hunting grounds just like pedophiles use internet sites as a hunting ground for children. It's a scary world we live in. Things are not all they seem.

Reactions: BagBerry13
Exactly. When you're excited about something sometimes you take a pic and send to your friends....IG is no different for many. I had to make a family member take pics down from FB before because it was in the house at a family event and I felt a little to invasive. She meant no harm but just didn't even think of it in that manner. Some of it is not conscious behavior and it's just about picture sharing.

and especially now with the popularity of Linkedin, not only can you find out about someone via their IG or FB, you can now find out where someone works, who their boss is, where they went/go to school, etc. You know how easy it would be for a stalker to find you just by knowing your workplace? Linkedin is the creepiest social media site of them all IMO, but people don't think twice about it.