KIJIJI Scam? My stolen Birkin 25cm HELP

sandrineo

O.G.
Mar 14, 2010
Hello Ladies I am fresh off my very recent horrible experience. My bank called this am Monday to say the check I had deposited had bounced. It was certified how could this be. Make a long story short I bought my mini BK and once received last year I realized black and togo just wasnt what I ideally wanted for my collection. So after months I listed it on a local app here that is huge in Canada called KIJIJI. Shortly after I was contacted by someone who claimed to be the accountant of a famous Montreal man called David Botton who is the owner of Buffalo jeans. He knew things like that I was of a certain area and my obvious religion as we both spoke English but seemed from same background from our last names. He had a very young man voice. We proceed to authenticate with bababebi, emails, pictures and such. Process of negotiation, payments and such all normal and always acting for this local known jeans owner guy DAVID BiTTON (as it being a surprise present for his wife). It all Lasted few days once he wanted it to go though his company I refused and always saying that we were of same religion and that we help each other and we give each other business. Basically after several phone calls and emails we were suppose to meet. Where he switched and said actual person couldn't come so driver would pick it up instead. As his boss was too busy before big birthday party reveal of Birkin. All that went down where he made sure to be late and pass the actual 6pm when bank closed and couldn't walk in with certified check. Next am head to bank where even teller claims this is a good check fully certified and looks great. Well 5 days later my nightmare began. Now no more bag and check has been seized by cops who couldn't stop laughing, who buys a bag instead of a car for that price. Ladies its a Birkin 25cm black togo 2016 X stamp. Please ladies any help or guidance would be so much appreciate. He called himself Michael Levy "the accountant" and conatcted me via kijijiji where he then began emailing me. Bag went through bababebi and was from hermes Spain . HELP

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Have you done any research to see if this man actually has an accountant by that name? Were there any cameras in the area where you did the transaction?

I wish you'd come here before you sold the bag.

You got scammed and there's little you can do unless the guy does it to someone else and gets caught.

Fake checks can be very convincing and unless you cash the check at the bank on which it's drawn, you're at risk of losing the money. Your bank has no way of knowing whether a check you're depositing is good or not. And even if it's good, payment can be stopped, funds might be insufficient or as in your case, it's likely that the check was counterfeit.

But you should never release the property you're selling until the check clears. Or better yet, insist on cash for in-person sales.

There are similar stories in other discussions where members are told the same thing.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/first-time-seller-of-hermes-birkin-bag.793377/#post-23584492

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...t-registered-today-help.793928/#post-23609491

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/how-to-be-a-good-seller.925836/#post-29399851

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Have you done any research to see if this man actually has an accountant by that name? Were there any cameras in the area where you did the transaction?
Only cameras may be Starbucks and cops said usually takes months to have the video made available to them. When you mean research can you be more specific I am not super great with computers but I am willing to learn as I know the best way is to look for my bag myself if he tries to sell it again

So sorry about this awful outcome. I hope the police have some luck in catching these thieves.
I have sold so many times in the past even my Bk 30 just few months ago and was always fine. This guy really wore me down with his story of his boss and got me at the very end with going with certified check as the whole time was going to the cash. I feel like the worlds biggest idiot
Where should I post the actual codes or maybe should I post the bababebi report that was done few hours before the robbery I call it now
Thanks for any help

Sorry for your loss but your post seems like a text book scam. So many red flags. I have done many transactions through Kijiji and it can be safe IF you follow some basic guidelines.
1. Always insist on CASH.
2. Meet in a public place with a friend.
3. If doing large transactions, insist on meeting at bank. There are several banks in Canada that opens to 8 pm.

Since you spoke to him, you have his number. Have you given the police a print out of your correspondences? Give them his phone number and file a report. Hopefully they can trace the number and find him. GL

Last edited:
I am devastated and looking to just help anyone I can with my story but also to catch this person if he tries to sell my bag.
In that case, please post pictures. It's those pictures that will help us know what to look for.

Actually, a number of years ago, we were successful in finding some stolen Chanel bags that were stolen in a trading scheme. The victim posted here and after her pictures were posted, I found one of the bags listed on ebay by a pawn shop reseller in Las Vegas.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/scammed-out-of-2-chanel-bags-help.699901/

Where is your buyer located (state)?

Last edited: