KIJIJI Scam? My stolen Birkin 25cm HELP

You say you've been defrauded of thousands of dollars by someone preying on people through Kijiji and the police literally won't get involved? Won't try to look at the emails you received from this person to determine where they really came from, or examine the fraudulent cheque? They expect you to do these things? I'd be much more aggressive with them if it was my bag and stolen money.
I've been trying to do most of legwork for them problem is the only camera is with Starbucks and takes a long time now other were operating that night so hoping it will help

I've been trying to do most of legwork for them problem is the only camera is with Starbucks and takes a long time now other were operating that night so hoping it will help

Did you provided the serial number to the cops? Also, maybe under your homeowner's insurance you can claim it as a theft if you explain your situation? Not sure but worth a try. My goodness gracious what a horrible experience. Best of luck!

Reactions: kkfiregirl
If you want to PM the email address(es) used, I'll see if I can dig anything up but I'm guessing that they're anonymous gmail or yahoo address, as opposed to a carrier like ATT/Verizon or the like.

Oh yes please anything you can do to help is much appreciated I tried to put up thé bababebi report with code too but I really am not good at this stuff
Within giving away too much information, everything he gave you is fake---the website at which he told you Bitton's email, the email address, the phone number you spoke to him on---everything. This was a well-planned scam.

Within giving away too much information, everything he gave you is fake---the website at which he told you Bitton's email, the email address, the phone number you spoke to him on---everything. This was a well-planned scam.
Yes it's obvious it was and I fell for it now I must live with this . Painful realization

Is his number disconnected now? I would search the number and see if any names or addresses come up. Also, if he isn't aware that you know of the scam, i would tell him that you just found something else that belongs with the bag, be it a dust bag etc and you would like to hand it over to him. If he falls for it, go with someone and call the cops. I know it's a long stretch but I would try anything at this point.

Yes it's obvious it was and I fell for it now I must live with this . Painful realization

So sorry to hear this. Seemed like a cautionary tale. If he's local, I might try to catch him by posting a lure as he'd likely do it again to another unsuspecting victim...but that could get dangerous. Wish the police is more helpful with your case.

I am so sorry OP. I thought a certified cheque cashes right away, so lesson learned for me to get it from same bank or request cash.
A GENUINE certified check is like cash but this was a counterfeit one.

And unless she'd taken to the bank on which drawn, her own bank wouldn't have any way of knowing whether the routing and account numbers were valid.

Reactions: lynne_ross
Is his number disconnected now? I would search the number and see if any names or addresses come up. Also, if he isn't aware that you know of the scam, i would tell him that you just found something else that belongs with the bag, be it a dust bag etc and you would like to hand it over to him. If he falls for it, go with someone and call the cops. I know it's a long stretch but I would try anything at this point.
yeah I already wrote him many sob story texts and emails he didn't take the bait. And phone worked for a few days but nothing came from it as cops didn't do it fast enough

A GENUINE certified check is like cash but this was a counterfeit one.

And unless she'd taken to the bank on which drawn, her own bank wouldn't have any way of knowing whether the routing and account numbers were valid.
The reason I wrote this story is that certified checks are a very common misconception that the money is there. I walked to the teller and even teller said this is a good one no doubt. so please lesson learned

So sorry to hear this. Seemed like a cautionary tale. If he's local, I might try to catch him by posting a lure as he'd likely do it again to another unsuspecting victim...but that could get dangerous. Wish the police is more helpful with your case.
me too sadly no sympathy at all. they laughed. The support here has been incredible so thanks so much everyone

Try calling local pawn shops, and keep searching on Kijiji, Craigs list, etc. Maybe even contact known consignment shops that are local and online consignment shops with the serial number of the bag and tell them to look out for this bag. Even eBay. You never know, it may turn up and at least these stores will know to look out for it. If

Ok I will its good advice we have pawn shops here but none that would sell bags. I think I need to make a list of possible places and do it every day until mine comes up suddenly. Mine was black togo PHW which most are swift. So have to keep looking. Thanks

Ok I will its good advice we have pawn shops here but none that would sell bags. I think I need to make a list of possible places and do it every day until mine comes up suddenly. Mine was black togo PHW which most are swift. So have to keep looking. Thanks

Here in Toronto we have a place called Oliver Jewellers that buys used jewelry and handbags and resells them. I don't know where in Canada you live, but I would definitely call them and notify them. They are very reputable and I doubt they would deliberately sell anything stolen.

Reactions: Kitty157