Kids...

1. Would it bother you if someone who was into you had kids? I'm asking because this guys likes me and I kind of like him too, but he has a 5 year old. :wtf: :yucky: So, would kids be a deal breaker for you? Oh, in case you're wondering I'm 19 and he's 24.

2. ^If you care about the person enough..It shouldnt matter.Period!

3. ^^ agreed

4. ^ third that.

however, at your age, i would think carefully about getting into a relationship where a child is involved for everyone's sake. not to say you're not responsible enough, but if you are going to be involved in the child's life at all, i would make sure i want this for the long-term because i don't think it would be good for the child to have different women coming and going in his life, you know? and also, dating someone who has a child will mean the child comes first in terms of scheduling and priorities (like breaking a date because the child feels a little sick, is having a really bad night, etc.)

just be sure what you're getting yourself into and if you still want to, then no, i don't think it should matter if he has a child.

5. Well said:heart:

6. Yes, very well said.

I met my DH when I was 24 and he was 29, so we were older than you are...I had a 3 year old, so thankfully, he was willing to take us as a package deal.

7. I love kids so i wouldn't care. Otherwise, like others said, if you love him enough it really shouldn't matter.

8. Although I adore children, I work with children, I know for sure I do not want any of my own nor do I want to help raise anyone elses. So yes, for me, it would be a deal-breaker. I know it sounds rather selfish but I never even consider any man with children as an option for a partner. I would also fear the consequences of growing close to a child then having the relationship sour. You have to "break-up" with the child too. I am satisfied being a fabulous auntie to five nieces and nephew.

9. Thanks for the advice all. I was just gabbing to my friend about it on the phone. I think for now he'll just be a friend.

10. O/t Kymmie I love your icon. Hello Kitty is just fab!

11. Just based on the negative emoticons you chose to use, no, I do not think YOU are ready for a relationship w/ a man that has a child.
    If anyone ever used those 3 smileys when referring to my 5 yr old I'd pretty much cut them from my list anyhow.

12. :yes: I think I am too immature for kids.

13. Kids are a definite deal breaker for me... I've always felt that way. I'm around your age(20) and I definitely wouldn't date a guy who had kids.

14. LOL I am too, and I'm 24 :lol: I couldn't imagine myself with kids.

For your age, I think it would be a bit much to get involved with someone who has kids. You're still growing, experiencing new things in college and in life in general, and I think dating someone more on the same wavelength as you would probably be better :smile:

15. :flowers: Thanks for putting it like that. It made a lot of sense. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice