Kid's Burberry scarf for adult??

Dec 13, 2007
While I was browsing norstroms.com I notice that they sell Kid's Burberry scarf's for a fraction of the cost of an adult scarf. Of course I understand that it is not pure cashmere, but a cashmere/merino wool blend and it is also smaller.

I'm wondering, would this work for an adult?? I'm petite, 5'4", 112 lbs sooo I'm wondering if I could get away with using a kid's scarf :rolleyes: If any of you out there has one of these do you love it? hate it? etc??

Thanks!! :smile:

It depends on your neck size. The kid's scarves are only 8" wide and 48" long, which is a significant reduction in size compared to the adult scarves. (The adult ones are 12" x 60"). Also, it's not 100% cashmere; if I'm not mistaken its 85% merino and only 15% cashmere. You can't tell from the print though that they're for kids.

If you can get it to fit around your neck go for it! I tried it to see if I could get away with it at the boutique and it looked awkward. I wrapped it around my neck and it barely wrapped around once and when I tried to do an Alfie knot, it looked too short. It also didn't cover up my entire neck because it wasn't wide enough.

I have a cashmere one and it fits me great (I am five feet tall). I can tie it in the front but can't wrap it around twice.

i'm interested in getting one for myself too! anyone know where the kids scarf are made in?

a modeling pic will be appreciated too! thanks in advance!

I've seen some that are made in Scotland and the UK. If you guys are interested, I saw 2 kids scarves in the Nova Check at the Vacaville Outlets for $50; this was as of 10/8/08.

Speaking of kids scarves, I saw on the website a gorgeous kids Bow tie with the trench check... Anyone knows if it can fit properly an adult? I wear size 15 shirts, and I don't know if it's gonna be too small on my neck... Help plz!