Kidnapped from Ban Island...contraband sale finds

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
O.G.
Apr 13, 2012
Sooooooo I'm supposed to be on Ban Island (heck, I'm the founder of this Island), but somehow Karl and his minions found the place and drugged all my pirate guards, and I was helplessly caught in the middle. To save myself from drowning, I grasped for whatever was nearby, and this is what you'll see.

There were a ton of these big brown boxes that helped to keep my head above water (while my bank balance steadily sank deeper and deeper).

Attachments

• IMG_8290cc - Copy (2).jpg
    IMG_8290cc - Copy (2).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,067
  • IMG_5743rcc - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5743rcc - Copy.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,062
  • IMG_6676 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6676 - Copy.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,064
  • IMG_6678 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6678 - Copy.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,070
  • IMG_6679 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6679 - Copy.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 2,059
  • IMG_6680 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6680 - Copy.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,061
For me this year, my first ever Chanel sale event year, it was the season of the shoe, with a few little gems tossed in (amazing they didn't sink). I'd never "done" the Chanel sale, I was in the middle of another move, and with cell service in and out and boxes everywhere, it was pretty happenstance with what I was able to hunt down. Most of my purchases for the "Rainbow reveal" were done at Chanel boutiques, so I wasn't too familiar with other SA's with a few exceptions. So anyway, here they come.

I think I'm going to be building an ark, as things really have come in pairs a lot (and some triplets). I don't find my size very often at full price (one shoe I was going to see if it would make it to the sale, I got the last one in the company at full price), much less sale price. So what did I get? It's the year of the shoe, the year of the comfort, and the season of the sandal.

First up is this little flat with a nice white chain detail at the heel. The CC is fairly subdued (a must for me), and the shoe is really comfortable. I'd have gotten the linen version had I found my size, but I'm quite happy I got this leather version.

Attachments

• 251crw - Copy.jpg
    251crw - Copy.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,029
  • 249crw - Copy.jpg
    249crw - Copy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,031
  • 252crw - Copy.jpg
    252crw - Copy.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 2,052
The next one was a might-happen-might-not-happen as it was at Saks, and I was not using a Saks card, so after finding it, I had to wait to see if it would sell out before I could get it. Luckily, I was able to get this one. Again, it's kinda restrained, it's a flat, and I like the "tweed" detail. How could I pass this up? Notice the only logo is the small one at the back, which is just how I like them to be. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_8251crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8251crw - Copy.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,024
  • IMG_8252crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8252crw - Copy.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 2,029
  • IMG_8253crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8253crw - Copy.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,009
Here come a set of triplets. I had tried this on in one form, and meant to go back for it, but with all of the hustle/bustle of packing and moving, never got around to it. Lucky for me, these shoes made it to sale. The first is in python, a material which was verbotten for me for years living in Southern California. It's not forbidden anymore! It's comfy, it's sizzling, and great for a quick trip out in the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_8257crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8257crw - Copy.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,011
  • IMG_8256crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8256crw - Copy.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 2,026
The second one comes in a great nautical feel for me, which is a classic spring/summer theme with Chanel, with me, and therefore, it's a classic. I love to wear blue/white in the summer, and have some great Dior low heel sandals in blue/white, so these will be welcome company for those. I love how in this pair the camellia truly looks the way the flower does on the tree.

Attachments

• IMG_8362crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8362crw - Copy.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 2,030
  • IMG_8367crw.jpg
    IMG_8367crw.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,994
For me this year, my first ever Chanel sale event year, it was the season of the shoe, with a few little gems tossed in (amazing they didn't sink). I'd never "done" the Chanel sale, I was in the middle of another move, and with cell service in and out and boxes everywhere, it was pretty happenstance with what I was able to hunt down. Most of my purchases for the "Rainbow reveal" were done at Chanel boutiques, so I wasn't too familiar with other SA's with a few exceptions. So anyway, here they come.

I think I'm going to be building an ark, as things really have come in pairs a lot (and some triplets). I don't find my size very often at full price (one shoe I was going to see if it would make it to the sale, I got the last one in the company at full price), much less sale price. So what did I get? It's the year of the shoe, the year of the comfort, and the season of the sandal.

First up is this little flat with a nice white chain detail at the heel. The CC is fairly subdued (a must for me), and the shoe is really comfortable. I'd have gotten the linen version had I found my size, but I'm quite happy I got this leather version.
:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

To round out the last of the triplets in this shoe, I bring the muppet or bathrobe shoe. I tried these on and the first thing that came to mind was that they looked just like a bathrobe or rug. The SA laughed at me, but I still think the same thing of this shoe, but it's comfy as heck. I see this one as a great pool/beach shoe. Oscar the Grouch and I will have a showdown with Elmo to see who's got fuzzier feet. I do love odd little things from Chanel.

Attachments

• IMG_8425crww - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8425crww - Copy.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 2,002
  • IMG_8426crwww - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8426crwww - Copy.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,995
This is another one that I found and then was stymied by Saks when I tried to pay. I looked all over, and finally found it at a place I'd not expected to find it (I'd looked for many shoes full priced there and came up empty in my size months ago). I'd seen this one and liked it from the early lookbook, but somehow never saw it to try it on. I was really happy to finally find it, and kept asking the SA if she'd really make sure it wouldn't get lost before they rang up the pre-sales. I now have it in duplicate, as the Saks SA rang it up and sent them to me without letting me know first. I guess they will be my first return. Anyway, they are again going to be great for the summer and I like the bit of fun on the strap.

Attachments

• IMG_8329crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8329crw - Copy.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,971
  • IMG_8330crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8330crw - Copy.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,963
The next one I saw in gold when my Chanel SA (whom everyone has advised me to let go of and find another) sent me a photo but informed me she had bought my size [then you are sending me this photo why?]. It is similar to another shoe that I bought in two colors (the second color being the one I wanted to wait to get on sale but it was the last one as mentioned above), only this one has a heel cup in the back. I never did find it in gold, but decided to try the shopping app many have used, and they found it for me in what I thought was silver but turned out to be rose claire. It's a really softly rose-copper-silver hue kind of color, really pretty in person. I did pay tax but no shipping, so that was pretty great. My now-three-makes-triplet shoe (a fraternal triplet).

Attachments

• IMG_8372crww - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8372crww - Copy.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,955
  • IMG_8370crw - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8370crw - Copy.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,948
Going along with the above theme, most everyone who knows me here knows I'm a Chanel redaholic. If it's red, I'm very likely going to not only buy it, but dream about it, obsess about it, and find it. So when this one became available, it was a total no-brainer. So now, this baby makes four! This one has a bit of a heel, but it's still basically the same shoe, so I'm guilty of the quads now. Oh, someone help save me!!

Attachments

• IMG_8564crww - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8564crww - Copy.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,923
  • IMG_8566crww - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8566crww - Copy.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,935