Khloe Kardashian

It's not like it's uncommon, she's not the first to pierce a baby's ears, won't be the last.

I personally wouldn't do it, what's the rush? They can pull them out & it may be uncomfortable while sleeping or snag on a blanket or toy by accident & could potentially be a chocking hazard if they pull them off (depending on type of backs). I'd wait til my baby is a toddler at least but, meh, people do it all the time.

yup, I am southamerican, me and all my female relatives had our ears pierced as babies
my aussie ex wouldn't let my DD have her ear pierced as a baby, we did it professionally when she turned 12 (we live in oz)

Cultural sensitivities aside, how about waiting to pierce kids' ears until they actually ask to have them pierced?

Respectfully, No to this cultural waiting thing I went through. My parents were so strict making me wait until I was 15 until I got my ears pierced. When the day came for me to go to Claire's my dad said, "take your sister too", so my little sis who was 6 got hers pierced too. When my youngest sister was born her's were pierced by the time she was 1. I could care less about my own daughter's ears, my aunts took her to get them done one day when I was visiting when she was 2.

But you know, we all want to opine on how others care for their babies. I can remember telling some young mom how to make sure the straps and restraints should be tighter on her baby car seat because I had a baby at the time...who do I think I am? getting popcorn now.

It's not like it's uncommon, she's not the first to pierce a baby's ears, won't be the last.

I personally wouldn't do it, what's the rush? They can pull them out & it may be uncomfortable while sleeping or snag on a blanket or toy by accident & could potentially be a chocking hazard if they pull them off (depending on type of backs). I'd wait til my baby is a toddler at least but, meh, people do it all the time.

Good point! I only wear studs 24/7 and they do sometimes get caught in things.

Reactions: Stephie2800