Khaite Scarlet Cardigan

chloe_78

Jan 30, 2007
I’ve been obsessed with this cardigan forever and it’s finally on sale, but it’s also now summer in LA and I probably won’t get much wear until October. Even though it’s on sale, it’s still quite an investment and I can’t decide if I should take the plunge. Or would I regret passing it up on sale?

I agree, if you're obsessed with it and it fits your personal style then go for it! When it comes to these very specific type obsessions I try not to settle because I usually end up spending more eventually getting the original item I wanted anyway. This cardigan was one of those times for me.

I would consider trying it on in person then try to find it online for the best deal. It's a pretty heavy knit and it's a bit cropped (hits right at my hipbone). I ended up sizing up so it would fit more slouchy. The matching bralettes (if you're considering it) fit a bit small as far as bust coverage.

I've seen these pop up at The Real Real but I didn't have the patience (or the speed) to go that route.

Last edited:
I’ve been obsessed with this cardigan forever and it’s finally on sale, but it’s also now summer in LA and I probably won’t get much wear until October. Even though it’s on sale, it’s still quite an investment and I can’t decide if I should take the plunge. Or would I regret passing it up on sale?
If you can afford, I’d say get it! I just received mine last week and have worn it a few times already in air conditioned stores & restaurants. It’s really beautifully cut and I’m so glad I got it

This is my most favourite cardigan ever!!! I bought the beige/taupe one and wore it almost every day. I also have the Lucy in black and would love to get one of the Suzette ones. This is the best quality cashmere I’ve felt in years - thick/soft/doesn’t bobble. I’ve worn it as a jacket in 10 degree weather and as a cozy cardigan at home. Everyone compliments me on it. I wish I could also get a red one if I could find it!

Thanks for all the feedback — I ended up getting the cardigan in both camel and black, and now I’m eyeing the new Amethyst one that’s out for fall! I love the color and haven’t seen anything else comparable. Would it be too much to buy a third one???

Thanks for all the feedback — I ended up getting the cardigan in both camel and black, and now I’m eyeing the new Amethyst one that’s out for fall! I love the color and haven’t seen anything else comparable. Would it be too much to buy a third one???

That's entirely on you. Does the amethyst color fill a gap in your wardrobe (or soul haha)? I also love the cardigan and ended up with multiple colors so I get it. But I would recommend waiting for them (especially those seasonal colors) to go on sale/promo and maybe in the meantime some other gorgeous thing will grab your attention and you'll be happy you stopped at two colors.

I've also seen other Khaite knitwear in that amethyst color... the thinner cardigan, the bralette, a crewneck sweater I think. Maybe one of those will scratch the itch?

Reactions: chloe_78
Thanks for providing a voice of reason to counter my obsession with this cardigan! I think I’m also just trying to find an excuse to treat myself for my birthday (though I do have plenty of other things on my wishlist), especially since it’s at a slight discount. If only I had the funds to buy one in every color!

Reactions: kjohn138
Thanks for providing a voice of reason to counter my obsession with this cardigan! I think I’m also just trying to find an excuse to treat myself for my birthday (though I do have plenty of other things on my wishlist), especially since it’s at a slight discount. If only I had the funds to buy one in every color!
I’m sure Khaite will come out with more beautiful cardigans in different styles, so since you already have a couple in the same style, I’d save your money in case something in future collections catch your eye.

Hi Ladies, has anyone handwashed their Khaite Scarlet cardigan instead of dry cleaning? I know Loro Piana instructs hand washing of their cashmere and wanted to give it a try with my Scarlet cardigan. Wondering how it has worked out for others. Thank you!

Hi Ladies, has anyone handwashed their Khaite Scarlet cardigan instead of dry cleaning? I know Loro Piana instructs hand washing of their cashmere and wanted to give it a try with my Scarlet cardigan. Wondering how it has worked out for others. Thank you!

I always use the hand wash setting in cold water only with wool/cashmere shampoo instead of detergent then lay flat to dry. I don't think I've ever taken cashmere to a dry cleaners. If your washing machine doesn't have a hand wash, gentle or wool setting then sink/tub washing the same way (cold water, gentle agitation) should be fine. It will just make the sweater quite heavy with water therefore a little trickier to work with but it can be done that way. Be sure to rinse out all the soap, don't twist or stretch the fabric out and reshape on a flat surface (perhaps put a towel down first) to dry.

• Love
Reactions: Coconuts40
I always use the hand wash setting in cold water only with wool/cashmere shampoo instead of detergent then lay flat to dry. I don't think I've ever taken cashmere to a dry cleaners. If your washing machine doesn't have a hand wash, gentle or wool setting then sink/tub washing the same way (cold water, gentle agitation) should be fine. It will just make the sweater quite heavy with water therefore a little trickier to work with but it can be done that way. Be sure to rinse out all the soap, don't twist or stretch the fabric out and reshape on a flat surface (perhaps put a towel down first) to dry.

thank you!
I have had some of my cashmere sweaters pill after hand washing, I am hoping Khaite cashmere holds up well with this attempt. I hate sending clothing to the dry cleaners that I feel can be taken care of at home with quality hand washing.

Reactions: kjohn138
thank you!
I have had some of my cashmere sweaters pill after hand washing, I am hoping Khaite cashmere holds up well with this attempt. I hate sending clothing to the dry cleaners that I feel can be taken care of at home with quality hand washing.

You're welcome! I live and die by my fabric shaver and combs. They're very cheap and get rid of pills. :smile:

• Love
Reactions: Coconuts40