Khaite Olivia bag reveal/review

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
Love the fairly minimalist design, and think that will help keep it from dating quickly. Even when hobo’s aren’t the biggest style, they are still around – at least where I live. The size is really good for me.

The leather is very nice. Shiny, not matte. Very smooth. The lining is some kind of fabric. There’s some structure to the bag – no collapsing into a puddle of leather. But maybe that will change with age/use. I can see this being an easy grab and go bag.

I got mine half off retail, and still find it on the expensive side for what you get. No way I’d pay full price. If it’s durable and holds up well, then cost per wear could make it a good deal. If it wears out quickly, then it’s a truly horrible deal. I used a fingernail (mine are long, and known to scratch bags) to scratch the underside of the handle, and no scratch at all; which makes me think it could be pretty durable.

Wouldn’t be able to wear this shoulder carry with a winter coat. I’d say better for arm or hand carry than shoulder carry.

What fits:
Phone
Sunglasses (or gloves)
Wallet
Keys
Comb
Lipstick
Compact
Small pill bottle

Sorry, but not comfortable doing mod shots.

I’ll update once I’ve carried it several times.

IMG_2032.jpg

Love the fairly minimalist design, and think that will help keep it from dating quickly. Even when hobo’s aren’t the biggest style, they are still around – at least where I live. The size is really good for me.

The leather is very nice. Shiny, not matte. Very smooth. The lining is some kind of fabric. There’s some structure to the bag – no collapsing into a puddle of leather. But maybe that will change with age/use. I can see this being an easy grab and go bag.

I got mine half off retail, and still find it on the expensive side for what you get. No way I’d pay full price. If it’s durable and holds up well, then cost per wear could make it a good deal. If it wears out quickly, then it’s a truly horrible deal. I used a fingernail (mine are long, and known to scratch bags) to scratch the underside of the handle, and no scratch at all; which makes me think it could be pretty durable.

Wouldn’t be able to wear this shoulder carry with a winter coat. I’d say better for arm or hand carry than shoulder carry.

What fits:
Phone
Sunglasses (or gloves)
Wallet
Keys
Comb
Lipstick
Compact
Small pill bottle

View attachment 5752149
Thanks for the update! Pretty bag and great price. Pictures of the bags online make them look scrumptious like The Row bags but not the same quality?

Reactions: JenJBS
Thanks for the update! Pretty bag and great price. Pictures of the bags online make them look scrumptious like The Row bags but not the same quality?

Looking like The Row bags is what drew me to the brand. Since I consider The Row leather to be in the top 3, almost no other leather compares. But that it didn't scratch does give me hope for the quality. The craftsmanship seems to be high quality.

Reactions: Nibb
Looking like The Row bags is what drew me to the brand. Since I consider The Row leather to be in the top 3, almost no other leather compares. But that it didn't scratch does give me hope for the quality. The craftsmanship seems to be high quality.
Thanks for the intel! Khaite has some shoes & boots that I like I may take the plunge. Enjoy the bag you are building a wonderful collection.

Reactions: JenJBS

What fits:
Phone
Sunglasses (or gloves)
Wallet
Keys
Comb
Lipstick
Compact
Small pill bottle

View attachment 5752149
What color is the lining?

I hear you!! One of my favorite bags from The Row is the Margeaux....I'd basically have to sell ALL of my bags to buy it retail! :nuts:
I also love the Margeaux but “settled” for a preowned Bolide. :lol:
An Italian leather-smith is making similar bags. I haven’t seen them IRL, Santa Fe Dry Goods tends to be pretty high end and they carry the brand.

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS and Antonia