Keys: Should I hold them in a cles or 6 key holder?

miss_h

Jun 30, 2014
Hey TPFers,

This evening I'll be going to the Louis Vuitton store for my third LV purchase!!!

I noticed that my loose car keys are scratching against the lining of my bags upon insertion and removal. I especially notice this with my Alma BB since it is much smaller than my Neverfull and structured.

I am considering either a cles or a 6 key holder as you can see in the title. In your experience, which would be more useful?

If I use a cles, I'm planning on putting my car key fob and gym tag on the clip and then a key ring inside with loose keys and also my tappable card which lets me into my parking lot.

The 6 key holder, on the other hand, is $50 more and I would have to leave my fob dangling out since I doubt it would snap closed (big key). All other keys would lie on hooks and my tabbale card in the pocket at the back.

Right now I am leaning towards the cles because it's more versatile and if I decide later that I want to use it for some other purpose then holding keys, I would have that option whereas the key holder is just for keys.

Sorry to be so lengthy!
I look forward to any insight you guys can give me, thanks !

Just get the cles. I think it is more practical and like what you said, something you can have more use later on. If you are running errands, just grab your cles (with your keys) and a couple of cards, coins and bills inside. I literally go downstairs for quickly buying something with the cles, apartment keys, an ATM and/or bills on it. As for the scratching, since your keys would be dangling from the cles as well, maybe you can keep the dustbag in your bag as well? :flowers: I had an epi keyholder before and I eventually sold it. LOL It was too cumbersome.

I finally resolved this issue for myself, after years of carrying just the cles. I had a couple of metal keys on the cles in addition to the car remote, and the metal ones were scratching my small leather goods. So now I have a 4-key holder to separate out the scratchy keys and just leave the car key fob on the cles. Both cles and key holder! Now I'm a total convert to having a key holder.

The cles pocket (mine is Cerises Monogram) is too narrow to hold metal keys very well. Maybe the Vernis fits things better.

I have the monogram vernis cles in rose Angelique. Love it. Holds my Mini Cooper key which is large and round as well as my house key with no problem. Good luck.

Do you put them inside the cles or have them hanging?

Just get the cles. I think it is more practical and like what you said, something you can have more use later on. If you are running errands, just grab your cles (with your keys) and a couple of cards, coins and bills inside. I literally go downstairs for quickly buying something with the cles, apartment keys, an ATM and/or bills on it. As for the scratching, since your keys would be dangling from the cles as well, maybe you can keep the dustbag in your bag as well? :flowers: I had an epi keyholder before and I eventually sold it. LOL It was too cumbersome.

I never thought about it as a grab and go item but that's a great idea, thank you!

I finally resolved this issue for myself, after years of carrying just the cles. I had a couple of metal keys on the cles in addition to the car remote, and the metal ones were scratching my small leather goods. So now I have a 4-key holder to separate out the scratchy keys and just leave the car key fob on the cles. Both cles and key holder!

I think the cles pocket is too narrow to hold metal keys very well, for me at least. But I have an old Cerises cles, which is smaller than the bigger Vernis cles.

I can't get both right now but thanks for the input

I have an azur clés and i love it however i don't put my keys inside of it. I have my keys attached to it and inside i keep my DL, debit card and cash. I love it especially when I'm just running errands and i don't want to carry a purse. For what you mentioned though the key holder might work better. i only have two house keys and a BIG car fob on it and when i try and put those three items in my cles it makes it bulky and the zipper doesn't close properly. i think it just depends on the size of your keys and how many you want it to hold. i love my cles though. if i had to pick one though i would go for the cles because it is more versatile. good luck deciding.

I have a mono cles and a Chanel key holder. I used to use the cles for keys, I would attach the keys to the ring and inside would keep my license, debit card, some money, gym card, etc. Then I got the Chanel 6 key holder and now use the cles for all my extra cards (I have like 12 in there! it's insane how much it fits) and keep my license, debit card, and gym card in the key holder. If I want to, I tuck the key inside the holder and it does bulge, but I think they're meant to stretch a bit to accommodate keys and it's not busting or anything. Usually though I just let my car key hang out. I don't think the LV key holders are much different in size to my Chanel one, because I have seen pictures and they look similar.

As to which I prefer, since I've used both, I don't know. I liked using the cles but for now I find putting cards in it much more useful. Maybe you should start with a cles then over time get the key holder, then you can use the cles for other things like I've done. They're both useful, I think it just comes down to preference.

Hey TPFers,

This evening I'll be going to the Louis Vuitton store for my third LV purchase!!!

I noticed that my loose car keys are scratching against the lining of my bags upon insertion and removal. I especially notice this with my Alma BB since it is much smaller than my Neverfull and structured.

I am considering either a cles or a 6 key holder as you can see in the title. In your experience, which would be more useful?

If I use a cles, I'm planning on putting my car key fob and gym tag on the clip and then a key ring inside with loose keys and also my tappable card which lets me into my parking lot.

The 6 key holder, on the other hand, is $50 more and I would have to leave my fob dangling out since I doubt it would snap closed (big key). All other keys would lie on hooks and my tabbale card in the pocket at the back.

Right now I am leaning towards the cles because it's more versatile and if I decide later that I want to use it for some other purpose then holding keys, I would have that option whereas the key holder is just for keys.

Sorry to be so lengthy!
I look forward to any insight you guys can give me, thanks !

I was also debating on which to get. I opted for the 6 ring, and later on when I can I will get the cles. The main purpose is to protect the bag from scratches, and I think that because the cles is versatile I will end up using it for everything but keys and my keys won't fit inside once I get stuff in...I don't know..I still don't have it because I had to special order it, it arrived today and I don't know when I can pick it up. I can still put cards and my ID in the 6 ring....let us know what you get so we can compare!

I have 3 cles and love them but my keys don't fit inside I like to carry my cards inside and let my car and house key hang out. Then I got the 6 ring key holder because everyone was raving about it, well I LOVE IT. My keys do fit inside but I let my car key hang out because I like to have 5 cards in the back slot. A great grab and go. Now I use my cles as bag charms and my black mc cles with my ear buds in and my small ipod. Good luck deciding.

I have both and I prefer the 6-key holder. Having first bought the cles to hold my keys I found it hard to sometimes zip up so I'd have to strategically place my keys in way that could aid the zip up process. The 6-key holder I found so much easier to access my keys and the back pocket is excellent to hold one or two cards plus some cash. While I agree with the versatility of the cles (I now use it to hold my extra cards), I much prefer the 6-key holder to hold my keys.

I put all of my keys except house key and car key in a 6-key holder. I love the key holder. I can just throw it in my bag and I never have to worry about the keys marking the bag or the small leather goods inside. If you don't have as many keys as I do, a 4-key holder might work better.

My car key and house key share a keyring and NEVER go in my bag. I used to have them in a cles, but it was too much trouble to fish them every time I needed them. Now I just put those 2 keys: in my pocket. But, I'm one of those women who are always in pants, and all my pants have pockets.:biggrin:

I just got my 6ring and happy I picked it over the cles! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404944656.072160.jpg
My keys and alarm beeper fit with space to spare! Love the fuchsia too!

Loving my LV Delightful GM, Vintage Mono Speedy 35, Speedy B DA & Speedy Epi Noir 30... Next..Speedy 35 DE .. :smile:

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

I think for keys the key holder is better. It's easier to get the key you want quickly and with one hand if need. The cels is better (IMO) for cards and change. I use one cels for my cards and the other for small change.

Also if you want a cels then you need to consider the print as the canvas holds more.

I would say both are very useful.

One of my friends swears by the cles and hates the key holder. I've been using the 6 key holder for several years and am very happy with it (just added a 4 key holder for my office keys) and actually don't find much use for a cles that a friend borrowed me other than being a mini wallet. I want all my keys to be fixed to something bigger and if I were to fix 6 keys to the metal piece of the cles (if possible at all) the chain would turn around itself twice when doing the closing or opening move... the key holder has movable parts that allows you to turn your keys as many times as you want...

So, my vote definitely goes to the key holder if you really want it for keys

I just got my 6ring and happy I picked it over the cles! View attachment 2681498
My keys and alarm beeper fit with space to spare! Love the fuchsia too!

Loving my LV Delightful GM, Vintage Mono Speedy 35, Speedy B DA & Speedy Epi Noir 30... Next..Speedy 35 DE .. :smile:

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum

This looks perfect! I have been on the fence about a key holder but have always been worried about how much it would fit. Yay!