Keyfob links turning copper - fix?

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
I wanted this keychain/fob for sometime now, and I finally BIN off ebay! To my disapointment, when the keychain arrived, I noticed that all three links were turning copper and even a bit of the silver coach tag itself.

Anyone know how I can fix this? My guess is the silver plating is rubbing off. Wonder if it can be dipped??

So bummed...seller did offer to refund my money but I'll lose on shipping it back (the auction did not state anything about the keychain turning copper!) but I want it - FIXED!!

Suggestions??

Here's the blury pic from the auction. You can vagley see the copper on one of the links. It's far more obvious IRL- I'll take pics of the copper and post em tonight!

Coach Pave Rhinestone Keychain / Fob
picture.php

:sad: Thanks for your reply, Bunny.

Well, I guess I could take the tag and put it on a ball chain thing like my other tags...that might work. I just hate to send it back when the tag itself is okay.

:sad: Thanks for your reply, Bunny.

Well, I guess I could take the tag and put it on a ball chain thing like my other tags...that might work. I just hate to send it back when the tag itself is okay.
Unless you could figure out a way to take the jeweled fob off, they MAY Be able to re-plate the rest of it... but I can't guarantee it.

Yes, I can take the tag off of links - I've removed charms before to have added to my charm bracelet.

Ah, this just irritates me...I paid $35 for this item (with shipping) and the seller seems to think I got a fair deal stating "I stated it was in used condition"...urmm, yeah, used, could be a little scratched or nicked or whatnot, but not discolored! She is offering a refund though.

I guess I should just try to repair it myself or transfer the tag onto something else. I plan to use this as a purcse charm.

Yesterday I posted a thread requesting information on how/if to fix the link on a keychain/fob that I won off ebay that was turning copper.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/keyfob-links-turning-copper-fix-490999.html

Well, at my outlet trip last night, I found a clearence fob $4.99, which was perfect! I went home and quicky took off the "x" charm and replaced with my Coach Tag charm, and voila! Perfect-o!

Here's the discolored keychain links..
picture.php

And here's the transfered tag on new fob (came with a mini-tag too): LOVES IT!!! :yahoo:
picture.php

Just wanted to show-off my fix! :biggrin:

I have this same FOB, but my PROB is that there is a crystal missing from it. I guess I could grab a package from the craft store and glue it in. I doubt it'll be absolute perfection, but close enough at a glance!!!

GREAT FIX!!!

Good job! It looks brand new now. Very pretty charm BTW, and so unique too.

Off topic but your signature always throws me off. I always think they are pictures of something you got.