Key Ring/Charm Question

spencer2004

Jan 28, 2009
Do you think I could put a Key Ring/Charm on the handle of an Oak Ledbury, would it damage the leather?

Looking through the catwalk thread today I saw charms on two Ledburys and wondering if it was ok.

I have a cat keyring/charm in Oak and after much persuasion I have just managed to get it on my plum glace Ledbury to try it out. I am thinking of getting an Oak Ledbury and putting the charm on that and I was concerned about the metal ring on the Key Ring/Charm rubbing the leather handle. What do you think?

worried about the metal rubbing the leather of the handle

My scorpion cannot be on Bays (as Bayley says). Heart ones are ok though (two pairs of hands needed due to strong spring) - no rubbing going on so far.

^^ About 6months I think. I rotate Bays so used the one with charm once/twice per week, when you put it on car seat/office chair the handle flop down & key ring slides off (by its weight) couple of time per day. I did worry if it rubs off inking initially but it seems OK, at least in front of me, now.

Last edited:
How about buying a length of leath cord ( the sort you get for making a necklace) and making a pretty knot lop thing to tie the keyring to the ledbury on its like leather onto leather so to speak, might not be so harsh ans metal to leather.