About Louis Vuitton Key Cles / Key Pouch Quality

There’s a thread about the poor quality of the MIU key pouches. I returned 2 in the past few weeks because I compared it with a MIF one I also received and clear difference in the stitching. Both MIU ones were very poor quality. I do not recall what the zipper looked like but I do believe all 3 pretty much looked the same.
Here is the thread so hopefully they can be combined

Reactions: Destiny757
I just picked up a DE clés, made in France, and the zipper corners aren’t sewn down either. Thought it was a little odd but like you, my other clés is over 10 years old - so I just assumed they changed how they make it.
I've received two MIF ones this week and both are like that, I assumed it was normal.
Thanks for letting me know. That is a shame. It really sticks out... I’m wondering if I should buy a pre-loved older one...

Hoping to get some input. I received the DE key pouch and the zipper seems to be wonky and isn’t easy to close. It also has a slight crease. Not sure if it’s worth returning or just keeping it.

Attachments

• 26CB4C51-6962-4F38-BED7-24E6CE3E175E.jpeg
    26CB4C51-6962-4F38-BED7-24E6CE3E175E.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 850B468E-EF9E-4D28-AB37-0A28CB820718.jpeg
    850B468E-EF9E-4D28-AB37-0A28CB820718.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 66
Hoping to get some input. I received the DE key pouch and the zipper seems to be wonky and isn’t easy to close. It also has a slight crease. Not sure if it’s worth returning or just keeping it.

My zipper looked like that too and was difficult to close. I aggressively zipped and unzipped it repeatedly for about a minute and it hasn't given me problems since.

Reactions: hellojulie
Wanted to get your thoughts on the Key Pouch--

I purchased one in December 2021 before the price increase in Graphite. I remember reading that U.S made LV didn't seem to have the same quality as made in France items. I tried not to read too much into it, but when it arrived, it came with a piece of paper that stated it was made in the U.S. I saw there was a lot of gaps between the stitching and you could see the light come through the stitching when you looked from the inside (is that normal?). The canvas was lined up nicely, so I decided to keep it.

Then two months later in February, the key chain broke off. My car "key" was also attached, but since my car is key-less, it was never dangling from anything, so I'm really not sure how or why it broke off.

I filed a service request, and LV said that my key pouch was deemed "unfixable" so they were going to send me a new one. I thought this was strange, since all they had to do was put on a new key chain.

Finally, the new item arrived today (also made in USA), and I'm disappointed in the shaping at the bottom where it's somewhat sticking out on the side and not evenly proportioned. I also noticed the gaps between the stitching again where you can see the light come through from the outside when you look from inside the pouch.

I'm wondering if I bring it to a boutique if they will let me exchange it for another key pouch--I'd even be open to switching the pattern.

Wanted to get your thoughts on the key pouch and if you have or had any issues with this in the past?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammerice22
Wanted to get your thoughts on the Key Pouch--

I purchased one in December 2021 before the price increase in Graphite. I remember reading that U.S made LV didn't seem to have the same quality as made in France items. I tried not to read too much into it, but when it arrived, it came with a piece of paper that stated it was made in the U.S. I saw there was a lot of gaps between the stitching and you could see the light come through the stitching when you looked from the inside (is that normal?). The canvas was lined up nicely, so I decided to keep it.

Then two months later in February, the key chain broke off. My car "key" was also attached, but since my car is key-less, it was never dangling from anything, so I'm really not sure how or why it broke off.

I filed a service request, and LV said that my key pouch was deemed "unfixable" so they were going to send me a new one. I thought this was strange, since all they had to do was put on a new key chain.

Finally, the new item arrived today (also made in USA), and I'm disappointed in the shaping at the bottom where it's somewhat sticking out on the side and not evenly proportioned. I also noticed the gaps between the stitching again where you can see the light come through from the outside when you look from inside the pouch.

I'm wondering if I bring it to a boutique if they will let me exchange it for another key pouch--I'd even be open to switching the pattern.

Wanted to get your thoughts on the key pouch and if you have or had any issues with this in the past?

Thanks!
This is pretty common and there are multiple posts about this is you search the threads. You will find a lot of responses.

Reactions: brnicutie
My DE key pouch has those same stitching spaces. It's truly odd looking. I've had it a few years and thankfully the seams have not come undone. If I were to ever buy one again, I would definitely return it if it came like that.