Key Holder for Smart Keys?

Jon85

May 22, 2013
Hi all,

I really want to get a key holder in mono, but both of my cars have smart keys; like the big, chip kind... I don't know how to describe it? I'm sure some of you have seen or have a BMW or Mercedes key, so you know the nature of the size.

But I was wondering if these would look stupid with the key holder or if they would even fit? Would I have to put in another loop on the hook and attach my key to the loop?

Any input or experience would be greatly appreciated!!

cofeec

O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
I heard LV is getting a new, improved key holder that will accommodate the larger keys. I believe they are coming in August.

The ones now will not hold my keys (I have 1 large, 4-5 small) - they bulge out.

BlueMaude

Mar 8, 2013
I have a similar key fob (lexus) and it fits fine in a 6 key holder along with 5 other keys :smile:

katiel00

May 29, 2014
California
I have an alarm fob, which is smaller than my smart key and it fits in my 6 key holder.... however my smart key doesn't. I use my cles for my smart key. Very happy to hear that they are going to do one for the bigger keys :smile:

reginablair

Nov 15, 2012
USA
I have a bulky Honda key that I used to keep inside. But I just got tired of it because there's no point and I don't want to stretch out the key holder. I keep it hanging out, and then whenever i go out where I don't need my car key, I just take it off and have a nice compact key holder. This is usually on the weekend or if I go out for a walk and just take my cell and key holder with my house keys and license and debit card in the back flap. However I also heard there is a new larger key holder coming out so if you definitely don't like the idea of your car key hanging out then you should look into that.