key fob: on bag or as keychain?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

how do you use your fob!?

1. as a keychain

2. on my bag

3. both! or other!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. as the forum can tell i'm new to key fobs.

i bought the owl one a week ago. wanted to put it on a bag. decided it didnt match the maggie and the carly was too pretty for it.

thought about putting it on my rear view mirror.

scared to use it on a keychain cause i'm hard on items.
    i know it would get beat to hell.

what do you guys use 'em for?
    and who uses it as a real keychain and what are the consquences and wear?

2. I put mine on my bag try the owl on a black bag if you have one. I use pliers & crimp the ends of the chain on fobs -- I remove the ring from this type of fob, like the owl you are showing-- and put it on a chain. By crimping the ends, they don't accidentally fall off. I do that with hang tags too. Of course you have to cut them off to switch to a different bag. But I'd rather do that than lose them.

Welcome to fob land!

3. I put mine on my bag try the owl on a black bag if you have one. I use pliers & crimp the ends of the chain on fobs -- I remove the ring from this type of fob, like the owl you are showing-- and put it on a chain. By crimping the ends, they don't accidentally fall off. I do that with hang tags too. Of course you have to cut them off to switch to a different bag. But I'd rather do that than lose them.

Welcome to fob land!

4. I mostly use mine on my bags. Like Lizmil, I remove the ring and hang them directly on the hangtag chain.
    I do have one that I use on my actual keys. It's the rooster fob which is a mix of patent and metallic leathers. Other than a small amount of the metallic wearing off (which is common with any metallic leather, whether on a fob or bag) my little rooster looks great. I think the fobs are made well enough to withstand being used on keychains, where they receive harder use.

5. aaaaahhh fob land. I don't use mine... ever. I just put them in a box and stare at them :shame:

Well, I do have a couple that I use. The pink patchwork daisy matches all of my bags with brass hardware. I have use this particular fob a lot. It does not show any wear or tear. It's held up pretty well.

6. I prefer them on a bag. I'm afraid using them as keychains would ruin them as you pointed out.

7. As you can see on my avatar, I have my owl on my burnt orange hobo. My husband is on his second leather fob. His first lasted about 7 years before it started looking ratty and he's rough on his keys.

8. ^ i wanted to get the cinammon maggie and put the owl on it.
    but i refused to let myself buy more than one maggie in a month.

9. My first coach purchase was a parker hippie and a plain leather utilitarian coach trigger keyfob, like the one at the link below (NMA!). I've used it daily for the last year and a half and it has worn well and is in great condition.

Since then my fob purchases have been decorative and I hang them on my bags. I would be concerned about using a fob such as the owl as a everyday practical keyfob because I think it would get worn out. I would also be concerned about hanging it on the rear view because the sun might dry it out and/or fade the colors.

Even if it doesn't "match" your current bags it might be cute as a contrasting color. Or perhaps you can hold onto it for awhile until you get a bag that is a good match!

http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-Mahagony-Leather-TRIGGER-SNAP-KeyFob-Key-Ring-NWT-/290485493524?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a248df14

10. All the fobs I have are currently on bags. I want to put one on my keys but haven't quite gotten up the nerve to use any as key chains yet. I'm too scared that my keys will mess up the fobs :hrmm:

11. I have three on my keychain right now. The Coach script fob, the pink leather poodle fob, and the crystal poodle fob. The script fob is great, no scratches or anything. The leather poodle's threading is a little dingy, but I could probably clean that with no problem. The crystal poodle however has lost at least half the crystals! So disappointing. :sad:

I have one other fob (it's a metal flower, I don't know it's name) it lives on my parker hippie.