Kerry Katona mace bankrupt over a tax bill

MissThing

Sep 13, 2006
Reality TV star Kerry Katona was dealt a major blow today as she was made bankrupt at a High Court hearing after failing to pay an outstanding tax bill.
The former Atomic Kitten star had managed to reduce her £417,000 tax bill to £82,000.
But HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) insisted on pressing ahead with the bankruptcy petition, which was first issued in January.
Mr Registrar Nicholls agreed to make the order after giving 27-year-old Katona until 1pm today to come up with the balance.

I'm not crazy about the woman but, wow, she has young kids and all, I hope they don't suffer.:sad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...red-bankrupt-failing-pay-82-000-tax-bill.html

Last edited:
The IR can be right inflexible b*****ds. I think the fact she reduced her bill by 80% should have been taken into consideration. It is ridiculous that (according to the press) she recently spent £100,000 on a couple of cars, which should have been used to pay the bill. But to make her bankrupt seems extremely harsh- won't she lose everything? The children are bound to suffer.

i dont feel sorry for her because she ha had time to pay this bill- look at all the cars she has bought her husband- wasn't one of them £1100,000? If she can afford all of those cars- why didnt she pay her bill?

Sorry but I'm going to rant!!!!!

How come she was made bankrupt and she has just spent 15K on surgery!!!!!

Now apparently she is going to do a Reality Show showing off her new body! Lets hope she pays her next tax bill from the money she gets from that show then!

Wasnt she looking to buy a new bigger house? and she bought her husband a ferrari? If you dont have the money you dont buy those things..

Apparently wasn't it just because a cheque failed to clear on time or something like that? She's not actually bankrupt.

I think she's an idiot though & probably WILL end up bankrupt sooner or later the way she's going.