Kenneth Cole No Slouch Medium Hobo

I've had a black leather Kenneth Cole bag which I've totally punished for about 5 years, and it still looks exactly the same as when I bought it. It's not super stylish, but it's a workhorse, and, for that reason, it's stayed in the collection.

I'll post some pics later if I get a minute.

- Lips

I like that bag you posted - like the style of the handle, like a YSL Roady ;)

I had a Kenneth Cole bag once and it fell apart after 1 month. One handle broke off. I like the look of their bags, but have not bought another Kenneth Cole bag because of my experience.

Hi mimika,

I bought my KC bag in New York in Nov 2005 in one of the discount stores (Century 21, Filene's or TK Maxx) for around $70. I bought it because I'd brought a lambskin Cole Haan with me for my touristy city walkabouts, but it was raining non-stop and I didn't want to ruin my CH.

I used it all that holiday - cramming in purse, camera, agenda, foldaway shoppers etc etc etc, and it held up beautifully. Since then, I've used it very regularly, and always in situations when I don't want to use my better bags. It has been rained on, snowed on, thrown about car floors, lockers etc. It's been stuffed to capacity at almost every use. And it still looks the same as when I bought it.

The leather is very thick and soft and has barely marked anywhere, even on the base and corners (typically, the first areas to show wear). The hardware hasn't tarnished and the lining and interior zippers are intact.

On a 'cost per wear' analysis, this is probably my best value bag. In spite of this, I've never bought another KC bag, but I think that's just because it's not a designer I tend to see anywhere.

Anyway, if your concerns over buying the KC you've seen are that the quality won't be great, my experience suggests the opposite.

Anyway, hope this helps... :smile:

Lips

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 460
I like the look of the bag but I wonder if the handles would start digging into your hands/shoulder after a bit. I had a KC bag years ago and they do wear well, though personally I'd hesitate to spend $300 on it. You can probably find it cheaper elsewhere.

Hi mimika,

I bought my KC bag in New York in Nov 2005 in one of the discount stores (Century 21, Filene's or TK Maxx) for around $70. I bought it because I'd brought a lambskin Cole Haan with me for my touristy city walkabouts, but it was raining non-stop and I didn't want to ruin my CH.

I used it all that holiday - cramming in purse, camera, agenda, foldaway shoppers etc etc etc, and it held up beautifully. Since then, I've used it very regularly, and always in situations when I don't want to use my better bags. It has been rained on, snowed on, thrown about car floors, lockers etc. It's been stuffed to capacity at almost every use. And it still looks the same as when I bought it.

The leather is very thick and soft and has barely marked anywhere, even on the base and corners (typically, the first areas to show wear). The hardware hasn't tarnished and the lining and interior zippers are intact.

On a 'cost per wear' analysis, this is probably my best value bag. In spite of this, I've never bought another KC bag, but I think that's just because it's not a designer I tend to see anywhere.

Anyway, if your concerns over buying the KC you've seen are that the quality won't be great, my experience suggests the opposite.

Anyway, hope this helps... :smile:

Lips

Thanks for your sharing!! Your bag looks great!

$70 is a good steal! I live in Toronto and we don't have any of those discount stores here.... :sad: maybe I should make a shopping trip to the states!