kelly

moto - when you say 'holds up' do you mean over time? For longevity, I would recommend boxcalf, for durability fjord or epsom (less likely to scratch), togo is also very good and durable.

I wouldn't recommend chamonix (although I adore it). Chevre is also very good, but hard to find, sometimes.

Depends on which colour you're after, too.

Hi Girls, I'm sorry but I didn't know how this worked exactly. I've made my purchase. I just bought a Kelly 35cm/courchevel/brown/palladium hardware. The thing is that I was under the impression that this type of leather was discontinued, and I was just checking with you ladies to see if I had made the right choice.

It IS discontinued, but a fab leather, all the same! Just be careful of the corners, from memory (HG will be able to confirm this) the "bumps" aren't great at being refurbed on courcheval.

I miss courcheval - nice bag you have there! CONGRATS! It won't be your last!!!!!

Thank-you...Thank-you...Thank-you. I'm sorry but what do you mean about the "bumps." I have a Blue-Jean/Togo/30cm/PH on hold. I would have preferred at least 35cm. I've waited a loooong time for these handbags...

^ Oh! I mean if you accidently bump the corners, for example. Leathers like boxcalf can be refurbished quite well, whereas courcheval is a little harder to refurb, I think.

If you check out the "reference" section near the top of the Hermes Fourm page, you'll find a heading "hermes leather book" where our wonderful Hermesgroupie has compiled a really comprehensive list of all the leathers, and descriptions!

I'm having a love affair with Blue Jean at the moment! What nice bags you have!