Kelly with a canvas shoulder strap?

I LOVE the canvas strap!!!!!! RC you NEED one! I got mine from Pete because I am NOT the most patient person in the world and couldn't wait for Hermes to ship me one!

Wow, that length is perfect on you. I love the messenger-style look, so carefree. The wide canvas straps are very comfortable, crossbody.

icechick, that looks fabulous on you. I'm your height and have a 35cm Kelly but I'm sure the strap I've ordered is shorter than yours, I'm in a panic now, hoping it won't be too short - I just can't rememeber the length, but it wasn't as long as 120cm. I can't wait for it to arrive, do you use yours a lot or do you only wear it with certain outfits - how do you decide when to use it?

Why can't H just make ONE strap and make it adjustable to different lengths? Then you could switch between messenger and shoulder without having to switch straps. It seems like the canvas strap would stay on your shoulder better than the original strap.

I think Im gonna search for a Non-H canvas strap. $200ish is reasonable. I thought I saw someone say the strap was in the range of $500-$600.

^ I was quoted 350.US They measured me so the top of the bag (below the handle) is going to hit about my hipbone. I wanted it longer than the regular strap, but not too long, so I could carry the bag 3/4 or hang it along side. I love the look with a Retourne but I'm making do with a Sellier box. Unfortunately, don't know the length that was ordered.

attachment.php

quote]

I don't know....canvas with croc/alligator just looks *wrong* to me. Is it me? :confused1: Am I too 'matchy' anal? She does look terribly chic in this picture though....love the casual-ness of it. :yes: But, I think a leather strap would look better. It's just me, I know it. I am plagued by a matching issue...weird. :shrugs:

A ha! I looked at the other pics...it is the croc/alligator with the canvas that I don't like. The canvas strap looks awesome with the other leathers...and especially with the retourne style. :tup:

Note to self...get a strap (once Kelly is acquired, of course)! :P

^^AAn, when you ordered yours did they give you a choice on length? did they have different sizes to try on? (ofcourse they didn't, this is Hermes remember!)

Yes, I could choose my length. I thought (from a post I had read on the forum I'm fairly sure) that the straps came in 2 lengths only. However, 2 SAs and DH and I, using bits of string and whatever, held my Kelly at the drop I wanted etc, and then measured it, voila, it was ordered. Still waiting though, lol. Probably get a phone call in the next few weeks, saying sorry, straps only come in two lengths....

When I ordered mine I was offered 80, 100, 110 and 120cm. I got measured with a tape and went back and forth between the 110 and the 120. I was a lot uhm, bigger, when I ordered it so it's actually hanging a bit lower than I had planned but I still love it. It just arrived a couple of weeks ago so I haven't been able to use it as much as I want to yet but it's so comfortable and easy.

I was measured...and was able to pick the exact size (length) that I wanted. Of course, having said that...I was told 3 months...and it has now been 6. I sent off my strap that it came with so they were able to match the leather that is on the ends. I was quoted $300. but, of course, there will probably be a price increase before I get the thing. Ugh!

Thanks for all the wondeful info. I'm off to H after the holidays to get a raisin strap!
BTW, I just love how Rene looks with the croc sellier and the canvas strap...very jeans and tuxedo jacket look...a look I just love!