Kelly - what goes inside?

This is what I can fit into my 32 cm souple Kelly:

5yn45qt.jpg

latigresse : You are POWER!
Please give us the specs of your kelly .. it look like it has a single hook? so no shoulder strap?

I have that series of langenscheidt dictionary.. mine was english-spanish//spanish-english - very helpful when I was at the pharmacist. :sweatdrop:

This is what I can fit into my 32 cm souple Kelly:

5yn45qt.jpg

My Birkins are 35's, I never thought I could use a 32 Kelly. The store had one they had so'd for someone who refused it. I made sure all my stuff fit inside prior to purchasing it, and am still surprised it holds everything. I really now like the 32 cm size much more than the 35 cm.

Right now, I am totally amazed at what can pack insde the 32. AMAZING amount of stuff :yes:

Rose-the inside of your bag is just as stunning as the outside. So neat and colorful. I wish I could be that organized with my purse.

Latigresse-very impressed that you fit all that in your purse!! love the hairbrush. Sorry I can't think of the name of it right now.

latigresse : You are POWER!
Please give us the specs of your kelly .. it look like it has a single hook? so no shoulder strap?

I have that series of langenscheidt dictionary.. mine was english-spanish//spanish-english - very helpful when I was at the pharmacist. :sweatdrop:

This Kelly is 32 cm souple (gulliver). It's 10 years old, so there are no shoulder strap hooks, but yes, there is a shoulder strap. It's sort of draped over the top/right side in the picture.

The dictionary is German-English/English-German - helpful where I live ;)

Rose-the inside of your bag is just as stunning as the outside. So neat and colorful. I wish I could be that organized with my purse.

Latigresse-very impressed that you fit all that in your purse!! love the hairbrush. Sorry I can't think of the name of it right now.

It's the pocket-sized Mason Pearson brush. I never go anywhere without it ;)

If you are used to a 35 Birkin then you might like a 35 Kelly retourne. It is a sportier bag in that size IMO and I don't think you would be sorry with it. I wouldn't suggest the sellier 35 Kelly at all. The 32 holds quite a bit also, but if you are loading it up...Wouldn't want to think of you overloading the 32. You just might have to get your hands on one and start putting your things inside and that's the only way you'll know.

I am going to second gracekelly's thoughts. If you're used to a 35 Birkin you would probably prefer a 35 retourne Kelly. It's a slightly more casual look in this size and adds a little something special to it IMO. In addition, you'd probably appreciate the extra room. I don't carry very much (PM Karo, regular size Bearn, PM agenda, Clarrisse, cellphone and keys), but I have a lot of trouble fitting everything comfortably in a 32. While it might technically "fit", I don't like jamming everything in there scratching against each other or having to rearrange things to put them back in - I prefer being able to just reach in and grab things like you can in a 35 Birkin.

Thanks for your imput Style101. I do tend to carry a lot of little things in my bags (you know, the "just in case" things). At the same time, I agree that "I don't like jamming everything in there scratching against each other or having to rearrange things to put them back in" so I will try to test out the retourne kelly 35 prior to making any decision.