Kelly Wallet.. is it worth it? OR use the money to get a Garden Party.....?

Oct 22, 2011
I was lucky enough to find a bougainvillea Kelly medium (fold-out) wallet in chevre a couple weeks ago. When I received the wallet, I totally fell in love! it's soooo cute!!!
However, the price of this wallet is $2600... which is about the price of a Garden Party!!! Which got me thinking.... should I give this wallet up for a garden party??
I was debating on whether to get the double sens or the garden party, and i got the double sens in tosca and brown :smile:
So now.. what should I do?? Don't have the funds to keep the wallet and get a garden party..
I think kelly wallet is adorable and they seem to be harder to get nowadays, but garden party is much more practical!!!!
What would your decision be, ladies?? help!!!!:confused1::thinking::wondering

In all honesty what do you think you will get more use out of? IMO I choose the Kelly Wallet as I would love to own a "special wallet" as at present I only own 1 wallet (an LV everyday one). I own many bags and could not justify owning another one - UNLESS I can see a purpose for it. The garden party is stunning but for me I know I would never use it.

I would say your decision rests on what you NEED or what you are more likely to UTILISE.

Good luck

Reactions: Rockin Birkin
For me, it's an easy decision. :giggles: Are you a wallet person? If you are, you should keep this special girl. Many TPFers talk about their love of wallets, change out often and own many. I am a one-good LV wallet girl until she wears out--which is almost for forever.... Do you swoon when you open her??? :cloud9: Swoon quotient is important you know. Good luck. I personally would send her back and get a bag, but again, not a wallet girl.

I currently use a Bearn wallet now and I love it. But I have always wanted to own a kelly wallet just because it's so cute!! I don't see myself using a kelly wallet everyday just because it's hard to get in and out, especially the medium one, whereas the regular size kelly wallet, you can use as a clutch also.
I would use a garden party, since I am super causal most days and I know i will get more use out of it... but it's so hard to let the kelly wallet go because I see it as a piece of art!!..

wallet :smile: i have been in your position and i ended up getting the wallet. not only is it a wallet you can also use it on its own as a clutch, or just an awesome walley! an eye catcher for sure. a garden party is also easier to find. in addition there are also pics of lovely tpfers at the kelly wallet clubhouse that has suggested using a scarf as a longer handle for the kelly wallet, turning it into a cuter handbag. i alos feel happier going outside with only the wallet, dont need a bag! hope it helps! teehee :biggrin:

wallet :smile: i have been in your position and i ended up getting the wallet. not only is it a wallet you can also use it on its own as a clutch, or just an awesome walley! an eye catcher for sure. a garden party is also easier to find. in addition there are also pics of lovely tpfers at the kelly wallet clubhouse that has suggested using a scarf as a longer handle for the kelly wallet, turning it into a cuter handbag. i alos feel happier going outside with only the wallet, dont need a bag! hope it helps! teehee :biggrin:

I know! But the problem is.. my kelly wallet is the medium size.. not the full, long size.. I think it's about 1 1/2 inch short of the long size. The long kelly wallet has compartments that can hold like even an iphone, but unfortunately the medium size doesn't have that!!...:sad:

i would wait for the kelly longue wallet as it sounds like that is the one you want..you are only thinking about the garden party because of the price comparison...i suggest going for what you truly want!!

hmmmm. slrry i dont think i have seen the medium size one. i thought there was only one size! :P . care to share a pic? i still vote for the kelly wallet! its still a baby kelly! i heard garden party goes on sale, maybe you should look into info about H sales close to u.

i would wait for the kelly longue wallet as it sounds like that is the one you want..you are only thinking about the garden party because of the price comparison...i suggest going for what you truly want!!

i agree. dont gt the GP jus becoz of the price point. it mite ssem like its a better buy for the buck. get the one you really want!

I currently use a Bearn wallet now and I love it. But I have always wanted to own a kelly wallet just because it's so cute!! I don't see myself using a kelly wallet everyday just because it's hard to get in and out, especially the medium one, whereas the regular size kelly wallet, you can use as a clutch also.
I would use a garden party, since I am super causal most days and I know i will get more use out of it... but it's so hard to let the kelly wallet go because I see it as a piece of art!!..
It seems to me that you have already answered your own question. Good luck.

I love to have one nice wallet that I use with all of my bags. I have always used LV wallets in the past. They are fabulous, but I now use and love so much a Bottega Veneta ebano croc zip around wallet. I love to pull it out of every bag I carry and admire it when I am paying for something. That being said, go for the lovely wallet that you can admire on a daily basis. The Garden Party you may not carry everyday.

I would keep the kelly wallet just because it is the ultimate wallet to me. If you would prefer a long instead of the medium, don't settle. I don't know if long or medium is easier to find, but you should always get the one you really want!

Garden party is easier to find, although all leather garden party is more rare. You can always find another tote to use in the mean time while you save and wait for the right garden party to come along.