Kelly wallet blue hydra dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina85

Nov 28, 2012
Hello TPFers,
Please help whether i should get a kelly wallet. As i mentioned in my previous posts, i put down a list of color for Birkin, in other of my post i also mentioned that my SA didnt really help out too much when i ask to look for stuffs.
Just yesderday, i received an email of my SA offering me this precious wallet.
Here is the problem. While i really really love the wallet, it is super expensive. I can get a garden party by adding a little bit. BUT if i say NO to this wallet, i am afraid i will not get my birkin. Is saying "yes" all the time a part of " building relationship" with the SA? Another problem is if i get the wallet, that means i have to take some part of my birkin funds and i have to save up again. Please help

Did you request with your SA for a Kelly wallet?

The way you have put it it seems that you aren't on a search for a wallet. If it's not what you want don't buy it . There is no guarantee you will get a birkin because of a wallet purchase and it isn't worth saving up all over again .

I wanted a birkin and that was all I wanted - i wasn't interested in anything else from Hermes then , although I now own alot of things from there but i was insistent my first purchase would be a birkin. And that is what I got, without playing games, I walked in and requested for my HG colour and leather and I got it. I strongly believe you will own it when the time is right .

No i did not ask for a wallet. I got a belt from her crocus n blue hydra. And my SA thought it would be a great match. She kept saying to me that birkin is " for my customer that has been shopping with me for awhile" these were her exact words. That being daid, it means i have to purchase stuffs from her. Am i right? I really want a birkin even if i am not rich. I save up for my hermes stuff. Any more thoughts on this?

sabrina85 said:
No i did not ask for a wallet. I got a belt from her crocus n blue hydra. And my SA thought it would be a great match. She kept saying to me that birkin is " for my customer that has been shopping with me for awhile" these were her exact words. That being daid, it means i have to purchase stuffs from her. Am i right? I really want a birkin even if i am not rich. I save up for my hermes stuff. Any more thoughts on this?

If you purchase this wallet, and then she tells you there's more to purchase.... It will be a vicious cycle. And if that's not the extra spare cash you are spending on these extra purchases, if she offers you a birkin immediately after one of these purchases, if you have already used your birkin fund you still will not be able to own a Birkin because you already spent the money intended for it. and if you tell her you need to save up for it again.... Again other small
Purchases will be offered to you , you will still feel the need to purchase these items.... And you will never have the funds for your birkin. Continue saving , and wait for the moment to come!

pianoprincess said:
Did you request with your SA for a Kelly wallet?

I wanted a birkin and that was all I wanted - i wasn't interested in anything else from Hermes then , although I now own alot of things from there but i was insistent my first purchase would be a birkin. And that is what I got, without playing games, I walked in and requested for my HG colour and leather and I got it. I strongly believe you will own it when the time is right .

:O did you just walk in as a first-timer and request one and get it, or...? Please do tell, these stories are so rare! :smile:

:O did you just walk in as a first-timer and request one and get it, or...? Please do tell, these stories are so rare! :smile:

I am not a first timer in the store. I have bought the followings from her : garden party, lindy, h hour watch, 4 scarves, 2 twillies, and a cdc belt. But it seems it is not enough to be considered "customer who has bought from me for a while". I did not request for a kelly wallet. But i requested a medor clutch and she said the store didnt have any medor clutch for a while.
I am afraid if i pass on this i will not be considered her regular customer, thus decreasing my chance to get a birkin.

I am not a first timer in the store. I have bought the followings from her : garden party, lindy, h hour watch, 4 scarves, 2 twillies, and a cdc belt. But it seems it is not enough to be considered "customer who has bought from me for a while". I did not request for a kelly wallet. But i requested a medor clutch and she said the store didnt have any medor clutch for a while.
I am afraid if i pass on this i will not be considered her regular customer, thus decreasing my chance to get a birkin.

You've bought enough! Please don't buy it since you don't want it!

sabrina85 said:
Oh i forgot i purchased 2 clic clc bangles from her as well. Is it true that hermes has minimum amount of purchase before u can buy birkin or kelly?

Like I said, I bought my 1st birkin as a walk in, I never purchased anything before. This minimum purchase policy is really a myth and holds true for some but not all. it sounds like your SA is more interested in hitting her sales target and earning a commission- be firm with her and tell her you would really like a birkin next.

Based on what you have purchased, isn't it enough to just buy from reseller? If you are saving for a birkin, then it might be time to consider getting it from outside of Hermes. Might save you more money in the long run without the little purchases.

Sadly, there is only 1 store in my city. And it is hard to work with another SA. My SA told me that she has to ask her manager before allowing me to get the birkin. She said the manager has to approve by looking at my purchase history.
The SA probably tries to steal you because you purchased many many items from the store i bet ;)

Sadly, there is only 1 store in my city. And it is hard to work with another SA. My SA told me that she has to ask her manager before allowing me to get the birkin. She said the manager has to approve by looking at my purchase history.
The SA probably tries to steal you because you purchased many many items from the store i bet ;)

Nope. I am not a big buyer. I travel alot and buy the things I like when I see them. If your SA is not willing to work for you, maybe you should go in on her day off and work with someone more accommodating?

Nope. I am not a big buyer. I travel alot and buy the things I like when I see them. If your SA is not willing to work for you, maybe you should go in on her day off and work with someone more accommodating?

I have tried that method but it is a small store and all the SA know who i normally work with. One time, i tried buying stuff from different SA and it is still my SA name written on the receipt.
So i dont know how else i canget my birkin. I dont want to go thru resellers as it is more expensive and i want the experience of getting the bag from the store

Status
Not open for further replies.