kelly vs. birkin....how did you know??

shoppingsmycard

Shopping's My Cardio
O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
both are such amazing bags....yet it seems like most of you have a clear favorite between the two. i go back and forth, depending on what pics i've seen of you all carrying these gorgeous bags on any given day! :roflmfao: i think that i might be a kelly girl, in my heart of hearts....but the birkins on this forum make me drool too...

so, a poll, of sorts:

1. are you a "kelly girl" or a "birkin babe"?

2. how did you decide which suited you better?

3. what do you prefer about one more than the other?

(ps...not trying to leave the bolide ladies out....feel free to jump in as well!)

I am definately a Kelly girl. (That's not to say that I won't be buying my fair share of Birkins.) I love the look of the Kelly, find it extremely fuctional, and it makes me feel fabulous!

I am def. a Kelly girl!:love: I just "feel" Kelly a little more (don't know why). I had no idea I would feel this way when I started buying Hermes as all of my H bags were purchased on line and I never got a chance to try them on first. But as soon as I held my first Kelly in my arms, I KNEW I am a Kelly girl for life!

I have received one of each in the past couple months and I am enjoying both . . . so i guess I am trying to figure that out right now, but i am leaning towards birkin (I like larger bags)

I'm a Birkin babe most def! Had a Kelly...didn't use it much...didn't think it fit my lifestyle. Use Birkin almost everyday!!!!

Still LOVE kellys. Thinking I might save for a croc kelly! To use on nice nights out:biggrin:

I would say Kelly (even though I don't have either yet)
The pictures and the actul way it looks is just TDF!
Just the way it looks, the feel of it, I like the more ladylike dressed up feel.
But I still want a Birkin!!

1. are you a "kelly girl" or a "birkin babe"? Kelly

2. how did you decide which suited you better? Well, I get in and out of my bags a lot, so Birkin and Bolide work better. However, I still prefer the look of the Kelly more...

3. what do you prefer about one more than the other? I am a Kelly person because I like dressy things and Kelly will work well for me even as I get older (if I stay with bright colors) ... However, in terms of convenience Birkin and Bolide are more convenient because you can access the items easier. I'm the type of person to text messages a lot, so I constantly need to get in and out of my bag to get my cellphone.

1. are you a "kelly girl" or a "birkin babe"? Kelly Girl

2. how did you decide which suited you better? It was always the Kelly for me. Actually, the Birkin wasn't even around when I discovered the Kelly.

3. what do you prefer about one more than the other? The Kelly is elegant and ladylike. I don't think the Birkin is quite like the Kelly in these aspects - it's gorgeous, practical and definitely an IT bag (I DO own a Birkin, and have another on order, and I love them, too). Also, I'm into the whole Grace Kelly thing.

(ps...not trying to leave the bolide ladies out....feel free to jump in as well!) For me, it would Bolide and Kelly on par, Birkin/Massai, Evelyn etc second.

1. Kelly Girl!!
2. I had a Birkin first and adore it but when I tried on the Kelly at Hermes (sadly, I don't own one yet,) it just felt like "home."

3. I prefer the proportions of the Kelly to the Birkin, and the fact that it's not QUITE the IT bag the Birkin is. It does day-into-evening a little better and it's easier to carry. Also, the shoulder strap.
I consider myself a Bolide/Kelly fiend who loves her Birkin.
But I've discovered that I do not need more than the one Birkin I have. Bolides and Kellys - I'll take as many as I'm blessed to be able to get.

Great thread. I started loving the Kellys from all the pictures posted in here, but I visited the Las Vegas boutique over break and saw both person . . .now I'm loving the Birkin. I'm still a long ways from actually buying one, but the black croc Birkin was just so gorgeous . . .

I don't know! I reach for one of the birkins almost every day by habit, but I think I have more kellys. You'll have to tell me which counts more:smile:
I just posted a pic on another thread of the black ones that are my travel group. not such a great pic though, sorry.

I love Kellys and Birkins but I am in the "other" catagory. I am drawn to the H bags that are different like my Evelyne and Picotin...a little more casual/slouchy. :smile: I also love the H bag styles you rarely see.