Kelly trench coat...

Would you get a raincoat for your Kelly

• Yes, love it!

• No, too contrived

• I would get it for travelling....

Results are only viewable after voting.
According to the AW18 thread, this is not a separate cover, it is a type of fabric Kelly, which explains why it looks sort of like a toile Kelly.
It is NOT a fabric Kelly. It is very much a cover for the bag that was available at podium. It is NOT a push offer item and it is also NOT waterproof. In short, it is literally a cover, one that when placed on the bag, make accessing items in the bag rather difficult.

It was marketed at the podium as something for one to use when one takes their bag to safari.

My 2 cents: There has been quite a few 3rd party bag covers available and H is just capitalizing on that market since people are spending on those bag covers anyway. It's the same logic with the shoulder straps. Why not? We can profit from it too. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ladysarah
Oops, I guess it is a cover then. Well, even if it is a money grab, it does seem like there’s a few here who would buy it. The audience of this cover seems like the exact opposite of the type of person fearless (or reckless, depending on your perspective) enough to bring their Kelly on a big safari adventure...

It is NOT a fabric Kelly. It is very much a cover for the bag that was available at podium. It is NOT a push offer item and it is also NOT waterproof. In short, it is literally a cover, one that when placed on the bag, make accessing items in the bag rather difficult.

It was marketed at the podium as something for one to use when one takes their bag to safari.

My 2 cents: There has been quite a few 3rd party bag covers available and H is just capitalizing on that market since people are spending on those bag covers anyway. It's the same logic with the shoulder straps. Why not? We can profit from it too. :rolleyes:
Thank you so much for taking the time to clarify- fake news are now everywhere even in the bag realm. I am quite excited about this design...

Reactions: xiaoxiao and Meta
According to the AW18 thread, this is not a separate cover, it is a type of fabric Kelly, which explains why it looks sort of like a toile Kelly.

Yes, it's a new type of Kelly and there's a Bolide like it aswell. I like it.

Oops, I hadn't read the whole thread, so it seems it's just a cover? I don't know....it's very confusing whatever it is! I like it nonetheless, although I can't see myself buying it.

Yes, it's a new type of Kelly and there's a Bolide like it aswell. I like it.
Ok I think everyone needs to reveal their source of inside information, so we can establish what is going on here...

it's just a COVER, no bag comes with it............
to me never say never, initially i think the shoulder strap is just something i could live without as I had been using other branded or non brand straps for my Kelly, but look at my closet now, I think i got almost 6 different one....... i just hope i really won't need the raincoat (even though it's really well made)

It is a cover and not a bag. Our member @pretty99 has always been on spot with the intel every season and it has been mentioned too that this is a cover/jacket for the Birkin, Kelly and Bolide. Please see here.

it's just a COVER, no bag comes with it............
to me never say never, initially i think the shoulder strap is just something i could live without as I had been using other branded or non brand straps for my Kelly, but look at my closet now, I think i got almost 6 different one....... i just hope i really won't need the raincoat (even though it's really well made)
Thank you again ladies, for clarification- I am hoping to see this very exciting item, in real life.

Thank you Meta. I wonder if it will be available in the US. I do not live in a city with Hermes and long time association with an SA in a city where a relative lived ended with retirement. Feel at a disadvantage, unless by chance it’s made available on line.

Reactions: Meta