Kelly To Go vs. Mini Kelly II

holly_g

Aug 1, 2022
Hi all! I am looking for my next Hermès bag to be one versatile enough for both casual and formal occasions. I was hoping that someone who has the Kelly To Go and/or the Mini Kelly could give me some feedback on them - ease of use, what fits, day-to-night transition, etc.

I attend a lot of formal events (dinners, cocktail parties, balls) so I am leaning towards the Kelly To Go as it is more of a traditional clutch, but the Mini Kelly seems small and refined enough to be a clutch alternative. Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in how much each bag holds?

The Kelly to go is essentially like the Kelly wallet so is not wide enough to hold bulky essentials like lipstick or keys. I would advise going for the mini kelly - surprisingly I get a lot of use out of it and it can be used with the strap (for daytime use) and without as a very elegant evening bag.

Reactions: holly_g
The Kelly to go is essentially like the Kelly wallet so is not wide enough to hold bulky essentials like lipstick or keys. I would advise going for the mini kelly - surprisingly I get a lot of use out of it and it can be used with the strap (for daytime use) and without as a very elegant evening bag.
Same, and I think the shrunken Kelly shape is really cute. One other consideration is your phone size - I have an iPhone Pro 12 (not max) and I feel that’s the biggest phone the Mini Kelly can fit (and when I use my Mini Kelly I can only use the thinnest of cases on the phone otherwise it pushes out the leather).

Hi all! I am looking for my next Hermès bag to be one versatile enough for both casual and formal occasions. I was hoping that someone who has the Kelly To Go and/or the Mini Kelly could give me some feedback on them - ease of use, what fits, day-to-night transition, etc.

I attend a lot of formal events (dinners, cocktail parties, balls) so I am leaning towards the Kelly To Go as it is more of a traditional clutch, but the Mini Kelly seems small and refined enough to be a clutch alternative. Does anyone know if there is a significant difference in how much each bag holds?
KW2Go is slightly longer and wider than a kelly wallet but still considered a wallet and won't fit that much into it.

I would suggest looking at the Constance to go as it's larger than the kelly so it might work for you.