Votes: 60 59.4%
  • Kelly 28

Votes: 41 40.6%

• Total voters

lialia03

O.G.
Apr 28, 2011
Hi all

I will hopefully be receiving my first quota bag offer soon but torn on making a decision. I was planning on a B but I am now leaning towards a K. I haven’t been able to try on a K sellier in store but did have the opportunity to try a K25 in retourne. On my 171cm/5’7 frame, the K25 in retourne did look quite small (my understanding is sellier does look bigger than retourne).

I recently made a post about B25 vs B30 and received some very insightful responses. On that note, I would love to hear your thoughts on whether the K25 is considered a “micro bag” as a lot deem the B25 to be in this category. Contrary to that, I have also heard that the K28 is boxy/large. Without trying them on for myself, it is difficult to know.

I am 171cm (5’7) and plan on wearing the bag day to night.

Would love to know your thoughts/experiences with either size & which you ultimately gravitate towards?

Thanks kindly.

It depends on your preferences and your build. You said that the K25 looked quite small on you. Would you prefer a small bag or do you lean more toward bags that you can put a bunch of things in? I don't personally deem the B25 as a micro bag since I am only 4'10" and am a small build (except my hips, butt, and thighs- thank you genetics and tacos) so the K25 doesn't look small on me either. However, I prefer to put all the things in my purse so I might not want to go the B25 route. It really boils down to what you like and how you are going to carry your bag.

For a day to night Kelly, my first thought is that you're right to choose the structured, elegant Sellier. As for whether to go with a K25 or K28, it depends on what you mean by "night." The smaller the bag, the potentially dressier it would be. I'm 5'4" and have a K28 Boxcalf Sellier that for me is the perfect size for casual day to night. It definitely does not look large/boxy. Fine for dinner out or to a concert or a cocktail party, but not to a dressy evening event.

If you want to have just one Kelly that covers most of the bases, I'd suggest that you try a K25 Sellier in one of the smooth/elegant leathers. In other words, not in one of the more rugged Togo, Clemence Fjord or embossed Epsom for example. Instead, Chevre, Boxcalf, Swift, Lizard, etc. or, best of all, Alligator/Croc would be wonderful for that one "does it all" K25 Sellier.

If you want to go from day to night, a K28 is more suitable. I have a crocodile K28 and because of its material I consider it an evening bag. Don't get to use it in the day.

But size-wise K28 is already quite small. Think about it, you need your phone, keys, small wallet, sunglasses, cosmetics,...etc. I don't see the K25 easy for daytime use at all. I'm 5'5 and the K28 is just perfect proportion-wise.

I understand it's hard to come by a birkin or a kelly, but don't settle.

I more so look at how I’m going to use the bag rather than how it looks on my frame. My K25 Sellier is great for evenings out but for a day bag a K28 would be a bit better. I could use the extra space for things I carry particularly for day time.

If I had to choose one size for both purposes I would choose the K28.

• Love
Reactions: lialia03
I’ve owned different sizes and styles over the years and still find that my size preference is always changing. My very first Kelly was a 32 and at the time I thought it was THE perfect size. It was a Gold in Togo.
My next Kelly was a K28 Retourne and that size quickly became THE best. Never did I think I would even look at a K25 but couldn’t look away when I finally did. I’m 5’7” - my vote is for the K25. The retourne is casual and fun….the sellier is classy and so chic but a little hard to access.

I have 28 in both sellier and retourne. I find the 28 retourne the perfect size. It does feel smaller than her structured sister. The 28 Sellier is still perfect for day, but I do find it a bit big and boxy for at night. I perhaps wish that I'd asked for my sellier in 25 and the retourne in 28. Still gorgeous bags, and there's not that much in it to be honest. You can't go wrong! :loveeyes:

• Love
Reactions: lialia03
Oh yes, here's a pic. I forgot to attach it to my last post.
View attachment 5705663
Apologies for taking a picture with back to the light, it doesn't showcase the color properly. It's more grey in person and I got it preloved from JaneFinds ~. Color was indicated as grey with GHW. Bag is already very vintage when I purchased it.

I prefer going to reputable reseller rather than waiting endlessly.

Last edited:
I’m 2cm shorter than you and have a K28 sellier. The size is just right with sufficient space for essentials and any bonus items. Sellier is structured and internal space is lesser than retourne. Something to consider as K28 wouldn’t look too big for your frame.