Kelly sellier and retourne question

Mme CLMdeF

O.G.
Jul 26, 2009
I have both 28 and 32 sellier Kellys and am now thinking of getting retourne.

I tried to find good comparison pictures but couldn't.
So here is a question.

I find 28 sellier perfect size for me and 32 tiny bit too big.
I also don't carry much so size wise 28 is perfect.
But I somehow noticed that retourne looks smaller than sellier therefore I should go for 32 rather than 28 when i get a retourne kelly as I'm not petit (170cm - thin to medium built) and often wear heels as well.

Also retourne seems a lot more casual looking so it looks better when it is not too small like 28??

Does anyone have comparison pictures of all these 4 bags??

Thank you very much for your help in advance. :smile:
Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

So here is a question.

But I somehow noticed that retourne looks smaller than sellier therefore I should go for 32 rather than 28 when i get a retourne kelly as I'm not petit (170cm - thin to medium built) and often wear heels as well.

Also retourne seems a lot more casual looking so it looks better when it is not too small like 28??

I have all of the bags you describe. The retourne 28 Kelly is not smaller than a sellier. It has the same dimensions, but is easier to put things into and holds a tiny bit more, IMO, than the sellier. I love my retourne 28 so much that I want to get another! Quite an admission from an avowed 28 sellier girl!

It is more casual looking depending upon the leather for the most part. Sorry, currently, no pics of these all together.

You are one lucky lady to have all four types!!

I know they are the same size dimension wise, but somehow it LOOKS smaller when it is retourne in the picture. Maybe proportion?. Don't know why...

So if I like 28 sellier, I should get 28 retourne do you think?

Part of me thinks I should go for 32 just have more varieties...

In the ideal world I can just try these 4 bags side by side and decide but the store I go to doesn't have these bags for display purpose...

I have all of the bags you describe. The retourne 28 Kelly is not smaller than a sellier. It has the same dimensions, but is easier to put things into and holds a tiny bit more, IMO, than the sellier. I love my retourne 28 so much that I want to get another! Quite an admission from an avowed 28 sellier girl!

It is more casual looking depending upon the leather for the most part. Sorry, currently, no pics of these all together.

32 is a very good daytime bag, but if you don't carry that much and like 28 as a size, retourne would work very well. It is much easier on the shoulder strap because you don't have the feeling that you are bumping into things.

Of course, variety is good too LOL! Amazing how you can drive yourself crazy! I do this all the time!

I am in the SAME position !
My next bag will be a 32 retourner for the reasons you described.

So here is a question.

Do you think 32 retourne is too big/casual for smart lunch, dinner or parties?
Mmmmm... If 28 retourne doesn't look too small with my frame, I should probably go for it... Decisions decisions...

Thanks for your advice! ;)

32 is a very good daytime bag, but if you don't carry that much and like 28 as a size, retourne would work very well. It is much easier on the shoulder strap because you don't have the feeling that you are bumping into things.

Of course, variety is good too LOL! Amazing how you can drive yourself crazy! I do this all the time!

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I'm glad to find someone in the same position. ;)
Are you going for 32 because you find 28 retourne too small for you?
Can I ask your height?
I don't know why but somehow 28 retourne looks smaller than 28 sellier to me and although I love my 28 sellier I'm not sure if 28 retourne looks big enough for my frame..

Oh I wish I could just try it before I submit my order!
Good luck with your next bag, too! :smile:

I am in the SAME position !
My next bag will be a 32 retourner for the reasons you described.

28 retourne looks smaller than 28 sellier because sellier has more prominent corners and sits more upright with sharper lines. Sellier will also "feel" bigger because of the corners. But it will hold less than retourne in the same size.

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I'm glad to find someone in the same position. ;)
Can I ask your height?
I don't know why but somehow 28 retourne looks smaller than 28 sellier to me and although I love my 28 sellier I'm not sure if 28 retourne looks big enough for my frame..

Oh I wish I could just try it before I submit my order!
Good luck with your next bag, too! :smile:

The retourner looks smaller because of the inside stitching. Like Tamarind mentioned, the sellier does look larger because it has outside stitching and more pronounced edges. To my, the 32 retourner is a nice way to go because it looks closer to the 28 sellier size (to me) and it will hold more than a 28 retourner. I can't carry off a 32 sellier because I am only 5'1"...just too much purse for my comfort. I prefer smaller bags that are more in proportion to my size. Hope this helps!

Can I ask your height?

Snap! I have a sellier in 28 but also find the equivalent for me is 32 retourne. I am about 5'6" for reference