Kelly Retourne Clémence

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
Hi guys! Just bought the above and wondering about slouch. Any regrets? It’s second hand and I love how buttery the bag looks but I’m not crazy about overall slouch. Any shapers? Would u have purchased the Epsom instead?

Reactions: TeeCee77
An insert should help. What’s the size? Also if you like retourne Kelly, you won’t have a choice of epsom. You are mainly looking at clemence leather for retourne Kelly unless it is an SO or other specialty leathers.

Reactions: Dannadrew
An insert should help. What’s the size? Also if you like retourne Kelly, you won’t have a choice of epsom. You are mainly looking at clemence leather for retourne Kelly unless it is an SO or other specialty leathers.
Good to know!!! It’s my first Hermes so am super excited.

I’d say Togo is more common these days in Retourne but, as you know, there honestly isn’t much difference between the two. :smile:

OP, clemence in a 32 will slouch over time. Suggest investing in at least a custom shaping pillow for when the bag is not in use and rotating resting positions as well to give the large panels a break now and then. Congrats on your new bag!

Reactions: HKsai
I’d say Togo is more common these days in Retourne but, as you know, there honestly isn’t much difference between the two. :smile:

OP, clemence in a 32 will slouch over time. Suggest investing in at least a custom shaping pillow for when the bag is not in use and rotating resting positions as well to give the large panels a break now and then. Congrats on your new bag!

Yes! Forgot about Togo when I myself have one :O. Clemence Kelly are quite rare actually. Still anxious waiting for my Clemence k25 SO :blush:

Thank u! It’s a 32! Was obsessed with Chanel jumbo and with the price increases just wasn’t interested any more. Guess I’ve skipped that stage haha !

I wanted to jump into Chanel for a few bags but just can’t pull the trigger after seeing the price tag and the mediocre quality. You will not regret getting a gorgeous Kelly. Clemence is my all time favorite leather. With an insert, your Kelly will last a lifetime!

This is so helpful thank u! Can anyone recommend inserts and a base shaper? Should I store it with the pillow and the base shaper? Daughter 7.5 is already eyeing the bag for herself haha

This is so helpful thank u! Can anyone recommend inserts and a base shaper? Should I store it with the pillow and the base shaper? Daughter 7.5 is already eyeing the bag for herself haha
I use a baghunter pillow for storage. I know that 7rp is the gold standard for inserts. I don’t have it myself because I don’t wear my b35 or k35 enough to justify the cost :whut:

Did I see this right?! 450 euro?!??? wow. There needs to be a thread for this alone haha!
There’s one! Look at the hermes insert thread. 7rp is a wonderful company. When I get my SO k25, I will most likely purchase an insert from them. I hear great things. You might still be able to use mel’s code for a discount.

There’s one! Look at the hermes insert thread. 7rp is a wonderful company. When I get my SO k25, I will most likely purchase an insert from them. I hear great things. You might still be able to use mel’s code for a discount.
I use a baghunter pillow for storage. I know that 7rp is the gold standard for inserts. I don’t have it myself because I don’t wear my b35 or k35 enough to justify the cost :whut:
Did I see this right?! 450 euro?!??? wow. There needs to be a thread for this alone haha!

See here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...pdates-page-191.688779/page-218#post-33966245

I can’t imagine how soft and luxurious your kelly is! Would love to see photos. I think I want a clemence K someday. I would definitely invest in a 7rp insert and store properly. But do not worry too much and just enjoy your bag!

Reactions: Txoceangirl
I just purchased a pre-loved K32 retourne Clemence as well. For being 14 years old, this bag is has little slouch. She does need to head over to the spa for a little R&R. I'll do that next spring. I just love the feel of Clemence and accept that there will be some slouch. Hope this helps!

IMG_2389.JPG